Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just pick up today, bike has been down, nothing major kinda wish they didnt polish frame

·
Registered
547 Posts
NICE! some TLC will get her back in the shape? may i ask how much you paid and how many miles on the clock? are you gona keep it stock or any mods will be done.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, paid $2300, runs but needs batt, it need rims,tail & upper, stator cover etc, but did get a bunch of parts with it, wiring harness, clips, other elec, front rotors, rear set ,tank and other plastics, so i thaught it was a fair deal.

·
Registered
547 Posts
thanks, paid $2300, runs but needs batt, it need rims,tail & upper, stator cover etc, but did get a bunch of parts with it, wiring harness, clips, other elec, front rotors, rear set ,tank and other plastics, so i thaught it was a fair deal.
OUCH! you said (stator cover) is it cracked or just scuffed ? i would take the plastic off and make sure your engine casing is not effected.:thumb:

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
Nice bundle of bits:thumb:
OUCH! you said (stator cover) is it cracked or just scuffed ? i would take the plastic off and make sure your engine casing is not effected.:thumb:
:plus1:Stator covers aren't the cheapest, and a good point about the engine casing...depends on how hard she went down. Hopefully its just the cover:thumb:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:D thanks fellas, i will be pulling cover off today, the covers are about $100, so not too bad, but its going too have too wait, just paid for bike just before xmas, santa was very nice too this year.

·
Registered
87 Posts
:D thanks fellas, i will be pulling cover off today, the covers are about $100, so not too bad, but its going too have too wait, just paid for bike just before xmas, santa was very nice too this year.
If you need some parts for that baby check out this thread:

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/for-sale/80892-cbr-929rr-parting-out.html

I've bought off this member and he is a good guy to deal with, his 929 has a motor blown, but he has tons of parts you could use to get her looking and running good again.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i went out and pulled cover & looks like some butcher put formagasket, you know goop, not good, & looks like they didnt know about the dowl on bottom & did more damage too cover than the crash, but all is well the case is fine so that good, pulled fairings off every thing looks good. merry xmas

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i saw that , thanks but im flat broke, paid for bike just before santa comes, i wish i had the dough

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
yea when i picked up mine, i was told it only needed cosmetic work and a new stator cover, but when the cover came off i was missing a big chunk from the bottom end! put cant complain because i didnt inspect it before hand and i got it for under $1000...it also has the gayest little led pods :rotfl:

yours seems fine though, have fun with the bike!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ah good price, & i didnt take fairing off until after buying, kinda stupid in my part but i wanted that bike, plus i got parts with it.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
ah good price, & i didnt take fairing off until after buying, kinda stupid in my part but i wanted that bike, plus i got parts with it.
i know the feeling lol, i actually wanted a 954 but decided on the 929 because of trunk space...i like to carry alot of things around and it was becoming tedious packing up my backpack with shoes and other clothing items...i can fit a change of clothes in the trunk:rolleyes:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i did the same but case is ok, plus i got some parts with it, hay solicedreamer do you have pics

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
i did the same but case is ok, plus i got some parts with it, hay solicedreamer do you have pics

its still in project mode, actually my friend has it in his shop, hes powder coating the rims white and cleaning up and replacing everything for me and will drop in my new engine

but im planning to get a set of konica fairings from here
eBay Store – mc-9238: Search results for.

you can get a general idea of where im going

1 - 17 of 17 Posts