Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I bought an 01 929rr it came mostly in totes and needed put back together I have it all wired plumbed and filled ready for start up but has no spark and mil light flashes codes 01,02,08,09,11,12,13,14,15,34 fuel pump comes on also when putting it together I noticed a couple broken copper strands on stator also cpg sensor wire has been broken or cut and really attached but tests fine on multi meter please help oh also bypassed lean sensor and grounded green and white wire from Ecu help I wanna ride

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also there was a black box with a green thin square male three wire plug and a female green thin square. Three prong plug looks like a bypass box of some sort but hondasaid don't look factory and I can't figure out were it goes could that be my issue

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
OK I bought an 01 929rr it came mostly in totes and needed put back together I have it all wired plumbed and filled ready for start up but has no spark and mil light flashes codes 01,02,08,09,11,12,13,14,15,34 fuel pump comes on also when putting it together I noticed a couple broken copper strands on stator also cpg sensor wire has been broken or cut and really attached but tests fine on multi meter please help oh also bypassed lean sensor and grounded green and white wire from Ecu help I wanna ride

You do of course have a manual for this bike?
The "teen" codes are telling you that the injectors aren't working.
The stator has nothing to do with starting or running the engine.
Maybe some photos of the device and we might be able to identify it?
Maybe a sensor eliminator?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Not able to post pics from my phone unfortunately and could this be faulty Ecu?

Certainly, it could be, but as it's just been put together I'd be doing a lot of the tests from the manual before throwing money at an ECU.
Can you borrow one?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I bought the bike there was no Ecu so I bought one from a buddy who swears its good and I don't know anyone close with a 929 so can't test another Ecu unfortunately and I have done a tone of testing with no luck also could it be the rectifier

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
When I bought the bike there was no Ecu so I bought one from a buddy who swears its good and I don't know anyone close with a 929 so can't test another Ecu unfortunately and I have done a tone of testing with no luck also could it be the rectifier

No, the charging system has nothing to do with starting or running the engine.

·
Registered
328 Posts
8.7 should be good on pink wire. Since pump is priming it is definitely working.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I live in Ohio, if you want to mail me your ecu I will put it in my bike and see if it runs. Beats spending hundreds on an ecu if you don't need one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK had the hvix servo unplugged so I plugged it in now all my codes are gone and bike starts with starter fluid and fi light went off but bike still wont start on its own and when I jumped the mil plug the light flashed contenuosly then now it just stays on and cycles the hvix servo when you jump the mil plug but will not start please help

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
OK had the hvix servo unplugged so I plugged it in now all my codes are gone and bike starts with starter fluid and fi light went off but bike still wont start on its own and when I jumped the mil plug the light flashed contenuosly then now it just stays on and cycles the hvix servo when you jump the mil plug but will not start please help

But it's not throwing any MIL codes now?
How did you fix all the other codes?
The "teen" codes tell you that the injectors are not working.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
When I plugged in hvix servo all codes went away now mil light only stays on contenious teen codes went away also

The fuel pump is priming?
Do you have power at the injectors?
Are you getting firing signals at the injectors?
If you are, then I would say the injectors are probably gummed up - how long have they been sitting?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts