Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody i just got my new bike 01 929rr stock as far as performance besides powercommander and full devil exhaust I have a FI light on on my gauge cluster wondering what it means and also beside my turnsignals light and such there is a red light that flashes a couple time and stops for a second then keeps flashing i was wondering what that red light means is it like a check engine light or anything like that please let me know if you can help

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The red light flashes as soon as i turn the key on it flashes 3 times slow and then 4 times fast any knowledge on what that means

·
Registered
940 Posts
i think its 34 blinks slow = 10 and fast =1 so 3 slow is 30+4

Faulty EGCV and air intake valve servo motor potentio meter voltage
•Engine operates normally

·
Registered
19 Posts
i think its 34 blinks slow = 10 and fast =1 so 3 slow is 30+4

Faulty EGCV and air intake valve servo motor potentio meter voltage
•Engine operates normally
my red light next to neutral is always on now. do you think that is is same problem with mine? can i still ride it? any idea on repair cost?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
my red light next to neutral is always on now. do you think that is is same problem with mine? can i still ride it? any idea on repair cost?

You need to count the flashes.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
had too much oil in it. almost a whole qt. i drained some out and road it for a while and the light went out

Did the oil smell of petrol?
Might be worth checking the fuel pressure regulator is good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
no I didn't smell any gas when i let some of the oil out. I had just bought the bike about a month ago and had to replace the rectifier and stator. this is my 1st bike so a friend of mine who used to ride one years ago put on the parts for me. i think i just put in too much oil because my yard does have a slight hill that the bike was parked on that day. Another issue though.
The bike came with no front turn signals, only wires coming off the head light harness. The tail light came on the bike but no signals either. I put dual filament lights on the front to completed the circuit and the front run light work but goes off when turn on signal. And the rear turn signals don’t come on at all (no flash, no turn light). Rear brake and run lights do work. After much research here and internet I’m 95% sure they all are hook up correctly. What could be the problem? Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts