Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

01 cbr 929 horsepower ?

77K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  187mustang 
#1 ·
just curious to know what the stock horsepower rating for a 2001 CBR 929 RR... i cant find it anywhere

#5 ·
they have the 01 929 making some good power ... even more than the R1 of the same year ......

did anyone actually hear why the 01 929 made so much more power over the 00 model or was it just a tight test bike that they got for 2000? could honda have been embarrassed by the 750 beating it out of the dyno and sneak something like different mapping or something?

#6 · (Edited)
Honda stated in a 2000 Press Release that is has 150 Crank HP! Here is a quote...

With a claimed 150 hp at the crank and a lot of Honda engineering wizardry, the fuel injected RR is no slouch. You can easily roll on the power just about anywhere in the rev range and the bike will pull smoothly and with authority. For most, this will be the fastest way around a track, ride a gear up and there's less shifting required and your lines will undoubtedly be better chosen. If you wish to scream it, the motor will comply with a strong and controllable surge at 7,000 rpm where the exhaust valve rotates 180 degrees to the full open position.
Here is the article I found this quote from.
http://www.motorsports-network.com/HONDA/mc2000/929/929.htm

Good question Full force. I heard back in the day that the 929's would loosen up at 1000 miles and would make more HP. Although, a honda tech from the stealership told me that so it has to be wrong!!

#8 ·
FullForce said:
still doesnt address the drastic difference in power from 00 - 01, but who cares, i got the faster of the two plus the faster yellow/black of the 01's :evilaugh: my vin# ends with F (meaning fastest) to confirm this :deal:
That would be because there is NO drastic difference in power from 00 to 01, if any at all.
My particular '00 929 got 128hp at the rear wheel. 139.4 w/ Micron Serpent and custom tuned map from D/K. I never had an 01 pull me at any time (but that is no measure of HP).

#13 ·
I have to find a good (honest) dyno facility in my area before I do anything. Need a base run and then some more as mods are added. I know some dynos are more optimistic than others, and the climat variations etc. I think if I stick with the same dyno/same shop I should be able to get a feel for how much the bike improves, if it does that is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.