Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive been hearing this knocking noise for like 3 weeks now, its not a rattling sound more like a knocking, bike has 35k miles. some say it could be the cct but that would be more like rattling sound intead of a knocking one. the knocking sound its totally random, sometimes its one after another and other and sometimes is just one.

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
You're right about the cam chain. Any sort of 'knocking' is usually a big end or bearing failure with its randomness dependant upon where the bearing within the shell is positioned during the rotation. I really think you should get a good tech to check it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I get a slight knocking noise too, it seems to come from the left side of the engine.
I’ll have to check the cam chain tensioner as mentioned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had what sounds like a similar situation with my 03 954. I took it to the local shop I've dealt with many times & trust. They replaced the clutch, clutch basket, etc. & that fixed the problem.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had what sounds like a similar situation with my 03 954. I took it to the local shop I've dealt with many times & trust. They replaced the clutch, clutch basket, etc. & that fixed the problem.
I think Honda had a recall on the clutch basket if memory serves, I never got the notice but wonder if maybe I should check it out.... :eek:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just replace the clutch. what else did the shop replace besides the clutch and basket?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was looking into that as well, i checked the website for recalls but it says theres none for my bike.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think im just gonna replace the engine with a newer one. its easier than digging into the engine trying to find out what makes that stupid noise.

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
i think im just gonna replace the engine with a newer one. its easier than digging into the engine trying to find out what makes that stupid noise.
Make sure you hear it running first then lest you inherit someone else's problems!!:wink

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i hear you, actually when i got the bike it was running on 3 cylinders, all vacuum hoses were in the wrong place, radiator tabs broken etc etc and i fixed it all up. that was like 3 years ago, so this knocking sound is new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts