Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i check the codes. the bike wont start. every time i turn the key, with the kill switch in the run position it will pop the f.i. fuse. a friend told me to short that one little connector and then turn the key on to get the light to flash a code but it only stays solid red.......any ideas??????

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
how do i check the codes. the bike wont start. every time i turn the key, with the kill switch in the run position it will pop the f.i. fuse. a friend told me to short that one little connector and then turn the key on to get the light to flash a code but it only stays solid red.......any ideas??????
Which fuse is blowing?
It sounds like a ground short somewhere.
No codes if you turn it on without the fuse in place?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
hi guys. having a similar problem. Just bought my 954 and the fi indicator and the mil light are on. what is the connector you are talking about that I need to short to get the code?? if there is some kind of link you could give me that would be great thanks.
There is an empty two-pin connector with a green and a brown wire under the seat.
Short that out and turn the ignition on. I have a switch wired into mine mounted on my left clip-on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok today when I used the bike the FI indicator stayed on and the oil light blinked 3 times slow then 5 times fast, I take it this is a code can anyone tell me what this means? the bike still runs fine other than this problem. Help please!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Ok today when I used the bike the FI indicator stayed on and the oil light blinked 3 times slow then 5 times fast, I take it this is a code can anyone tell me what this means? the bike still runs fine other than this problem. Help please!

Yes, it is telling you that the servo motor is not working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts