Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I bought my bike a couple months ago had not had any problems till last week. My battery drains just by sitting idle I'll lose power to the speedometer rpms ect. I put on a new stator today jumped the battery bike runs great when the cables are connected but after you take them off in about 10 minutes of idling it will die. No issues of sounds coming from the motor. Was wondering if any1 else has encountered this problem before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already changed the battery that was the first thing I did. Didn't develop the problem of holding a charge till a couple rides after.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
:plus1:

A common parasitic draw is a Regulator/Rectifier that has expired. It can "short" through causing both of your symptoms (and more). Troubleshooting & testing procedures (as well as desired measurements) can be found in the Electrical section of your Honda Service Manual.

If a nackered R/R ends up being your 929's problem, I recommend replacing with OEM :thumb:

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer (a.k.a.) "factory" Honda parts, not aftermarket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts