Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 01 cbr929rr ! XD its awesome how ever iv had a string of electrical problems lately. First my starter relay fuse blew so I replaced it everything was working fine entill later that day on the free way my speedometer and rpm gauge stopped working! my lights are working aswell as the turn signals also a weird thing when I turn my turn signals on the rpm gauge bumps every time the turn signal flashes. iv taken all of the fairings off and started to examine the wires but any tips or ideas would be much appreciated!:idunno::huh:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I recently bought a 01 cbr929rr ! XD its awesome how ever iv had a string of electrical problems lately. First my starter relay fuse blew so I replaced it everything was working fine entill later that day on the free way my speedometer and rpm gauge stopped working! my lights are working aswell as the turn signals also a weird thing when I turn my turn signals on the rpm gauge bumps every time the turn signal flashes. iv taken all of the fairings off and started to examine the wires but any tips or ideas would be much appreciated!:idunno::huh:

Do the tests of the charging system.
After that I'd be looking for any damage to the harness.
Also worth looking at the grounding junction block inside the harness.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sounds like a ground problem to me. Check for continuity to ground on the green/black stripe wire at the gauges.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
by charging systems test you mean check and make sure the battery is being charged? the bike starts and runs fine when I started it today the gauge didn't light up but when I hit the brakes all the gauges started working and had power lol and when I release it all the gauges stop working that's a ground problem right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
figured out that it blew the meter fuse replaced it but now the left turn signal stay on and wont cancel out I guees I still need to figure out why its blowing fuses

1 - 6 of 6 Posts