Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 01 CBR929rr with 20800 miles, it has a Two Brothers slip on and PC3.

I'm only getting about 125 miles before the low fuel light comes on. For city driving I would except around that but my last full tank most of it was used on the Highway and I got to 128 miles before the light came on, I rode till 135 and I had to put just over 4 gallons of fuel in it.

It seems a little low, I've read around and i'm seeing a lot of people getting 145 - 165 before the light comes on.

Is the mileage I'm getting normal or is something going on maybe with my map that I should try and change to get better mileage?

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol i'm lucky if i get 100 out of my tank
WOW. that seems so low to me. Especially compared to what other people with a 929 or a 954 are telling me they are getting.

A friend of mine has a 02 GSXR 1000 and a 00 CBR 929 and his light comes on at about 150 miles for both bikes, and he has the same exhaust and power commander I have on my bike.

So I figured getting 125 before the light is a little slow.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hello,

I have a 01 CBR929rr with 20800 miles, it has a Two Brothers slip on and PC3.

I'm only getting about 125 miles before the low fuel light comes on. For city driving I would except around that but my last full tank most of it was used on the Highway and I got to 128 miles before the light came on, I rode till 135 and I had to put just over 4 gallons of fuel in it.

It seems a little low, I've read around and i'm seeing a lot of people getting 145 - 165 before the light comes on.

Is the mileage I'm getting normal or is something going on maybe with my map that I should try and change to get better mileage?

Thanks
Sounds normal too me, usually about 110 miles before my light comes on

·
Registered
50 Posts
IF YOU HAVE A POWER COMMANDER OR SOMETHING SIMILAR, YOUR GONNA USE MORE GAS THAN NORMAL, NOT ALOT BUT MORE. GIVE IT A FULL TUNE UP EVERY 5 TO 800 MILES AND YOU SHOULD BE GOOD. IF YOU WANNA GET MORE OUT OF ANY BIKE, JUST PORT N POLISH THE HEADS AND YOU WILL FEEL THE DIFFERENCE. REMEMBER THAT SPARK, AIR N GAS IS THE LIFE OF YOUR BIKE, AIR BEING TRUMP, IT WILL HOLD YOU BCK IF YOUR HEADS ARE CAKED. ITS WORTH IT BROTHERS, PORT N POLISH THOSE HEADS N I GUARENTEE YOU YOULL BE SET. THATS HOW WE DO BABY! HOLLA

·
Registered
50 Posts
YOU DONT NEED ANY POWER COMMANDER, NONE OF THAT. PORT N POLISH HEADS AND IF YOU REALLY ARE A SPEED FREAK PUT A DRY SHOT OF NOZ ON IT. NEVER WE, NEVER WET. IT KILLS YOUR THROTLE BODIES AND EVERY OTHER METAL IT TOUCHES.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
YOU DONT NEED ANY POWER COMMANDER, NONE OF THAT. PORT N POLISH HEADS AND IF YOU REALLY ARE A SPEED FREAK PUT A DRY SHOT OF NOZ ON IT. NEVER WE, NEVER WET. IT KILLS YOUR THROTLE BODIES AND EVERY OTHER METAL IT TOUCHES.
To me you sound like someone who has wasted a lot of of money doing dumb **** to there bike.

Me, I like things I buy to last and thats why I don't do dumb **** to my bike like putting noz on it. Try and sell that crap to some young kid he might like doing that crap.

Back to the topic at hand, I tweaked my power commander's map and I got to 137 before the light came on. 95 of the miles I put on were highway miles.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
To me you sound like someone who has wasted a lot of of money doing dumb **** to there bike.

Me, I like things I buy to last and thats why I don't do dumb **** to my bike like putting noz on it. Try and sell that crap to some young kid he might like doing that crap.

Back to the topic at hand, I tweaked my power commander's map and I got to 137 before the light came on. 95 of the miles I put on were highway miles.

Well said...

But your fuel economy is just fine. 135hp requires fuel :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a scorpion on mine. My light will come on around 150 miles. I just bought the bike and it only has 6400 miles on it. That could be why I get 150.

yea that's correct 6400 miles

crew

·
Registered
330 Posts
If I'm doing mainly city riding I usually get about 220-230 kms out of a tank, which I think is pretty decent. I go fairly easy on her most of the time.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I am in the process of testing out my 954 with a known quantity of fuel after the light comes on. I have filled up roughly 4 or 5 times since I have bought my bike, and have put about 500mi on it. That would put me right at the 100-125mi per 3 (ish) gallons of fuel. Really not bad considering I do not let the bike drop below 4k revs on Bladeracer's advice, and I ride pretty hard sometimes.

Your PCIII will trim fuel off of some spots, but add more in other vital areas for power improvement and fuel delivery optimization. The problem is that it will certainly add more fuel than it takes away, which of course will result in less fuel economy. You could tweak your map by taking away a bit of the added fuel at different rev areas (just be sure never to drop below stock), take your stock map and current map and compare them, then trim up some of the additional fuel. I doubt you would see much improvement on this though.

If you do want a fuel mileage increase, check your plugs to ensure they are proper, and monitor your hot and cold tire pressures! Both of these can increase your mileage by as much as 10%. I would say combined probably 13% increase if you have them both optimal. Also, watch how you ride. If you are constantly getting giddy with the throttle then you can expect to decrease your mileage.

As far as SKREW goes... wtf man, learn what a caps button does. You may need to Google it, but it is a useful tool. Secondly, I doubt any street ridden bike has much need for "NOZ".... pure ignorance. Nitrous is typically used for the drag strip being that there is almost no purpose for it on the street. Also, I think most of us excel at wrecking our own bikes through crashes, so your dumb*ss input on how to tear your engine up much faster is probably just wasted space in an otherwise good thread. KK THANX BAI... HOLLA

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I am in the process of testing out my 954 with a known quantity of fuel after the light comes on. I have filled up roughly 4 or 5 times since I have bought my bike, and have put about 500mi on it. That would put me right at the 100-125mi per 3 (ish) gallons of fuel.

Working out your fuel economy is very easy.
Fill the tank to a known level - I generally fill to the bottom of the filler well with the bike vertical.
Ride the bike.
Fill it to the same level.
Divide the mileage by the amount of fuel you put in.
If you have altered your gearing you will need to adjust your indicated mileage.
I do it every time I fill up purely to keep an eye on my state of tune, when the fuel economy goes off for no reason then something is up.

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you want to keep a long term record of fuel mileage and have the calculations done for you there's a certain, "Fuelly", website out there.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Working out your fuel economy is very easy.
Fill the tank to a known level - I generally fill to the bottom of the filler well with the bike vertical.
Ride the bike.
Fill it to the same level.
Divide the mileage by the amount of fuel you put in.
If you have altered your gearing you will need to adjust your indicated mileage.
I do it every time I fill up purely to keep an eye on my state of tune, when the fuel economy goes off for no reason then something is up.
Very true, but I'm lazy! I figured the fuel light kicked on last night on my way home from work. I went approx 6 miles to the station to get some petrol, and I put $12 in her which came out to 3.11 gallons. I figure next time the light comes on, I will go another 6 miles, put 3.11 gallons in her, divide the mileage by 3.11 and viola!! I have my approximate MPG rating =) Plus I don't have to stop by the fueling station twice in short order :rotfl:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts