Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back when my bike ran, I would start up the bike and as it would warm up the bike would start to idle slower and slower and then die. So I would have to start it and keep on the gas until it would warm up and then it would be fine. Just rolled 11k on the bike.

So last time I rode my bike was early morning in light rain. Spent about a half hour out and came back.

The next day I go to start it, and she cranks hard but wont fire at all. So I figure its my plugs so I change them out(NGK Iridiums), go to fire them up, and nothing. Same thing as before. Next I try the battery, get a brand new one, still nothing. Check the spark....they are sparking orange....not blue which I've been told they should be. I can feel compression coming from the exhaust.

I pull off the tank and put some gas into the throttle bodies. Open throttle, and crank but still nothing. Now that I think I may have put too much gas in...how much should I use if I try this again?

Thats where I'm at now. Could it be power going to plugs? Too much gas/not enough? Compression/ Timing? I have no idea at this point.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tried gas again. It has to be the plugs. What are the things to check power to the plugs with a multimeter?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts