Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With my 929 being recently stolen, I'm awaiting my settlement check within the week. I'm in no ultra-hurry to buy a bike, as I will happily wait till Spring if need be.

I am wanting a true/clone '02 - '03 CBR954RR Repsol bike, I would really prefer an '03 but will settle. I really don't want to get into another 929, would rather own an '02 or newer CBR. Would also consider other professional race replicas, but no 600's please.

Email me at [email protected] or PM me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
129 Posts
OK, I'll bite. The 02's and 03's were the same bike. Now, as far as a "Repsol", do you mean you just want it to have the decals like the 1000rr does?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I'll bite. The 02's and 03's were the same bike. Now, as far as a "Repsol", do you mean you just want it to have the decals like the 1000rr does?
Of course the '02's and '03's were same bike, I'd just prefer to have an '03, but would take an '02. And as for 'Repsol', I mean just the plastics/decals, that's what I mentioned 'Repsol Clone' in my initial post, I'm not expecting some limited edition actual Repsol CBR954, but would take a 954 that has been retro-fitted with the goods. Sorry for the confusion!

·
Registered
36 Posts
ive seen a couple of them on craigslist.org out here in california, the 954 and 929 replicas that is, but not sure how far youre willing to stretch to get one...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was told I'd be getting a 90 day sales credit with my settlement on my bike, but turns out I received a 180 day sales credit, a full 6months to decide what I want to put the $5740 settlement towards, so I'm pretty excited. But I'd like to lock in a nice bike during the winter and have it ready to go by Spring. I hate to cruise all the way out to Cali for a bike, but if that's what it takes... suppose that's what I'll do. But again, I'm not looking to buy a bike by next week, but all the nicer bikes seem to pop up on the west coast or up around Penn./NY.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any of the guys here or anyone you know bought those fairings and installed them? I'm just worried about fitment issues and such, but that's a good price for the complete set, I'd be interested in that. The wheels are no problem, my girlfriends step-dad actually owns the big Powder-Coating business here and I'm sure I can find someone to help out with painting the tank.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Pretty much all the "Repsol" 954s are using that bodywork. The only exception would be someone that had their panels custom painted.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Any of the guys here or anyone you know bought those fairings and installed them? I'm just worried about fitment issues and such, but that's a good price for the complete set, I'd be interested in that. The wheels are no problem, my girlfriends step-dad actually owns the big Powder-Coating business here and I'm sure I can find someone to help out with painting the tank.
Erm i havent bought any plastics from them yet so i dont know what it would be like - it does say it may need modifing and holes to be drilled for it to fit - so if your not to good with the DIY i would get someone else to do it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, so far there's been a Telefonica bike(listed here)... it's a 929 which I'll suppose I'll go back to. Have ya heard of anything else?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Someone(didn't leave a screen name, just know his name is Donald) from Florida sent me a message about having a 954 Repsol for sale, please PM me or reply back!

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is not a Repsol but I have a mint 2002 954 for sale. I will post some pics up tonight when I get home.

It has under 7,000 miles, FACTORY HONDA warranty until 8/2/08, and tons of extras, extremely sharp.

I am getting a little old for the streetbike scene, I even installed Heli-bars hoping I could get more use out of the bike but my lower back still bothers me.

The bike is clean, no rash, never dropped, original adult owner from day 1.

$7,000 near New Orleans.

Here's a pic from myspace

MySpace

·
Registered
663 Posts
I used the korean/chinese replica body work on a 1000rr crash I fixed up. Body panels were awesome looking, paint was perfect,shipping was real fast...only thing was the fitment wasnt the best, but if your crafty and kinda mechanically inclined you can make em look minty when you put em on. Dont know about long term as far a spider cracking or anything. But def alot of bang for the buck.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Well I got the '02 954, now I don't know if I want to go through and do the Repsol kit. The bike looks absolutely gorgeous now... the first owner went through and polished EVERYTHING, handlebars, frame, wheels, zillions of little odds n ends on the bike. Then the last owner(second owner) repainted the entire bike black, no decals no non-sense, just black and polished. Who knows, later down the road I may get tired of it and decide to do something different.

BTW: If you want to see the bike, I have a thread about it in the FireBlade section.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ro/CamsCBR.jpg

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haha, yep, keeping her clean has been my biggest fear. I'll be spending 3 hours trying to get everything cleaned and polished.

I don't think the Repsol graphics would flow that well with the bike, you really think so?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well cancel all plans. My second bike was stolen in the last two and'a half months. I went through all the extra precautions this time, bought extra lock, put it under cover, put it in a locked up chain-link backyard(with a dog), but somehow whoever got through the wheel-lock, my lock, the gate lock, and jetted with the bike. I owned this one for whole... two weeks! -had to rant somewhere-

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.