Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know what the fuel injector(s) flow rate is on the 929?
I have heard is 240 cc/min @ 45psi/100%, but I can't confirm that.

Thank you kindly!

Leo

edit: Title should be 01 929 Injector Flow Rate... not 02

·
Registered
59 Posts
What colour are they in that bike? Denso is bad for not putting visible part numbers. I can't really find a number on the denso's in my 954 that any parts shop or even Honda can use. And Honda won't tell me the flow rates anyhow. But here's a link to a site with pictures of all their injectors and the corresponding flow rates. Also keep in mind that the rated pressure might not be what is actually used in the bike. My 954 uses 50psi but the injectors are rated for flow at 43.5psi (3bar). So they will actually flow more.

WitchHunter Performance - Injector Cleaning & Flow Testing Services

fuel injector flow rates

Check the denso top feed pics, there are pictures of our style scattered throughout them so check them all. I think My 954 rocks this one http://www.witchhunter.com/flowdatapix/d2325050040.jpg So at 50 psi my stock flow rate is 287 and change.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are black injectors.
I will have to check the web sites, and maybe pull an injector to see if it has any markings on it.

thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled the injectors, and they are Keihin injectors. Based on what I read at this site: Larger Injectors For The XX - CBRXX.com

it does not look like I will be able to find out what the flow rate of my injectors are, without having them tested, or hearing from some one who has done that?

back to the drawing board....

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, why are you needing the flow rates? I was looking a while ago because I was building a turbo kit and wanted to source larger injectors. I think mine flow about 287cc/m in my 954 from research i've done but i just used an air/fuel wideband kit to determine that the a/f ratio was the same after I put in 310's and leaned them 9 percent with the pc3. If you are just doing modest upgrades like a nitrous kit and want to have extra fuel on tap I can sell you for cheap a set of stock 954 injectors. I know they are larger than the 929's but not sure by how much. Oh, and mine are denso's but the 954 uses the same kehin throttle body and fuel rail so they should bolt right in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To answer your question above... they are going into a CBR900RR, and I need the flow rate of the injectors so that I can set the pulse widths.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts