Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some site searching on fireblades.org and found a few posts about them.

But, I wanted to purchase the PIAA for the low beam on the 954, what is it H-7? 9007? Anyone know?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've got the PIAA extreme white h7's for the 954...

They are sweet, but expensive. Paid $45 EACH!!

I had some mtec blue/white h7's but they were just too blue for my tastes, and seemed dimmer then stock lights!

The piaas are nice real white, white light... much brighter too.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
hoagie said:
I've got the PIAA extreme white h7's for the 954...

They are sweet, but expensive. Paid $45 EACH!!

I had some mtec blue/white h7's but they were just too blue for my tastes, and seemed dimmer then stock lights!

The piaas are nice real white, white light... much brighter too.
you do get what you pay for, and thats top quality lighting for $45

·
Registered
83 Posts
Tape a flashlight to your helmet, like a coal miner. Some duct tape, a 99cent EverReady plastic flashlight, and some D batteries. Ace is the place, with the helpful hardware folks. Or just steal all that from my garage one day.

Or just ride behind me, where you belong. :squid:

-Rob :thumb:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
HID!

If your going to put $ into your lights, you might as well go xenon. I have put them into eveything I own. :thumb:

If your shopping...trust HELLA, and Phillips. (both balast and bulbs)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
66droptop said:
Tape a flashlight to your helmet, like a coal miner. Some duct tape, a 99cent EverReady plastic flashlight, and some D batteries. Ace is the place, with the helpful hardware folks. Or just steal all that from my garage one day.

Or just ride behind me, where you belong. :squid:

-Rob :thumb:

Well how come I am always 2-5 car lengths in front of you? :idunno:

·
Registered
356 Posts
showmethebombs said:
HID!

If your going to put $ into your lights, you might as well go xenon. I have put them into eveything I own. :thumb:

definately the way to go... :thumb:

·
Registered
24 Posts
showmethebombs said:
HID!

I didn't realize they had HID for bikes. Any links?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
same thing as a car kit. I got all mine off eBay, I just looked at the brands before I bought anything like that. You also get what you pay for with these.

·
Registered
356 Posts
if you can't find anyting on ebay or whatever, McCulloch has made kits for the RC and maybe more... and xenondepot.com does some motorbike kits.. there are some good kits out there that utilize more compact housings and neat wiring for motorcycles..

for any HID help.. try http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Bike kits mean they are just one setup. 'Flashing' the high beam is not the best thing for a HID setup. You might want to stay with a superwhite bulb for the high beam.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Can you get HID bulbs that fit as replacement bulbs for H7's? I know you need a ballast pack & to alter the wiring slightly but will the HID bulb just slot into place of the standard H7 & work properly & the headlight reflector?

Cheers for any info, Ken

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Yep, they sell them to fit specific sizes with no or minor mods.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cornfedwhitey said:
Well how come I am always 2-5 car lengths in front of you? :idunno:
Now thats not a question its a statement the reason your always 2-5 car lenths in front is because yuo have a 954 and he has a 98 - 900 no comparison really haha as i own a 2003 954rr as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts