Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok it's been a year since i bought it. time to do a few things here. looking at velocity stacks, filter, detentarm shift kit,ignition advancer. my question is im hearing of an air box mod. what would this involve? and what would be the best air filter to use? aslo thinking of a power commander and which one? i ride on the street. want to keep my drivability,but improve overall power. sometimes i do flog it threw the gears at redline. and top it out!!it has 8,000 miles,a harris titanium pipe. . any thoughts,suggestions ? thanks

·
Registered
362 Posts
The air box mod is just removing the plastic flapper that is hooked up to the servo motor via a cable. Just take the airbox cover off, disconnect the cable and unscrew the parts from the air box base. This is a very simple mod. I have a BMC race air filter with a full Two Bros. It runs great but filters are mostly personal preference I think. As for the power commander, go with the PCIII USB.

·
Registered
552 Posts
the air box mod is easy just push the flapper down and pin it under the air inlet tubes, I have found doing the suspension mods was the upgrades that made the most differance on these bikes, most of the upgrades where done on my bike when i bought it, i relized how much they help when i rode a friends 954 his had no upgrades on the suspension, my forks have been redone, resrpung and revalved by the original owner. the ohins damper is a must on these bikes or a damper of any kind is needed i put a ohins on mine and love it. my rear shock looks different then the other 945 i rode, mine has adjustments on the top and the bottom and his has a fixed bottom and with mine set up for my weight it keeps the bike very stable in the twisties and on the straights, you can go faster on a bike that handles better then you can on a bike that has more hp and does not handle as good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i set the sag on the front. help alot by doing that. and have been trying to tweak it a little more. it seems like it dives sharply into turns sometimes tho. what defference does doing away with the air box flapper acheive?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
what defference does doing away with the air box flapper acheive?
No difference at all. The flapper opens at 8000rpms so there's zero difference above that. Below that the flapper is closed which probably is more to reduce induction noise than anything else.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i set the sag on the front. help alot by doing that. and have been trying to tweak it a little more. it seems like it dives sharply into turns sometimes tho. what defference does doing away with the air box flapper acheive?

I have pinned down mine. There is no difference in power, but the engine has lost some of the jerkiness low down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts