Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 954 that I ride every day. I got carried away preassure washing it on the weekend and now in cold weather it won't start. (Mornings)

I come home at lunch and try it, it fires up. Runs a little rough at first then evens out. This morning however it fired up, but ran rough, ran till I got to work, then just wouldn't restart. I figured I had mosture in my CDI box so pulled it out and left it in the sun for a few hours.

I also killed my battey, trying to start it all the time, so I replaced that with a new one. So I have 2 questions?

1) any other sugestions on what I could have damaged with the pressure washer??

2) I am assuming there fuel injected bikes take allot of battery to start??

Any sugestions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
I have a 02 954 that I ride every day. I got carried away preassure washing it on the weekend and now in cold weather it won't start. (Mornings)

I come home at lunch and try it, it fires up. Runs a little rough at first then evens out. This morning however it fired up, but ran rough, ran till I got to work, then just wouldn't restart. I figured I had mosture in my CDI box so pulled it out and left it in the sun for a few hours.

I also killed my battey, trying to start it all the time, so I replaced that with a new one. So I have 2 questions?

1) any other sugestions on what I could have damaged with the pressure washer??

2) I am assuming there fuel injected bikes take allot of battery to start??

Any sugestions would be appreciated.
It could be a bad fuel pressure regulator as they have a limited life.
You don't replace a flat battery, you charge it up.
No, FI doesn't require a huge amount of power as long as you have enough to pressurise the fuel rail.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
I realize you can recharge the battery. When I say killed I meant it would no longer take a charge. Thanks for info
Perhaps possible, but unlikely I think.
The battery will stop turning the starter motor well before it's flat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.