Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sorry I didn't reply to your last post. The flat mating surface isn't as important as the camshaft journal. So, flattening it out with sandpaper is fine. Putting a mark like that in the journal portion would be no bueno.

Looks good to me.
Awesome! Kinda what i was thinking. I tried everything before prying and used that as a last resort. It gouged so easily too.

How about sealant for valve cover half moons? My manual is vague. Will black RTV be fine?

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,881 Posts
Awesome! Kinda what i was thinking. I tried everything before prying and used that as a last resort. It gouged so easily too.

How about sealant for valve cover half moons? My manual is vague. Will black RTV be fine?
I cant really comment on that, other than for 30 years I've used Hondabond on all my cam covers and side covers. I can't say if the black RTV is good for it or not.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have used black rtv with no issues. i think it really just locates the half moons. the rubber gasket does the sealing.
never knew honda sold hondabond. i'll have to give that a try next time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well I went with the Hondabond HT (versus the Hondabond 4) .. hope that works. Still waiting for most of the stuff to show up in the mail.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts