Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup everyone. I am sending my frame to get powder coated so while everything is exposed I wanna do whatever I can to "freshen up" the engine. For example I'm definitely doing the cam chain tensioner and the fuel pressure regulator. Is there anything else I could do that may be helpful? Thanks in advance.
P.S. shopping for the cct, I can only find the manual. Where can I find the automatic cct? Ty

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Sup everyone. I am sending my frame to get powder coated so while everything is exposed I wanna do whatever I can to "freshen up" the engine. For example I'm definitely doing the cam chain tensioner and the fuel pressure regulator. Is there anything else I could do that may be helpful? Thanks in advance.
P.S. shopping for the cct, I can only find the manual. Where can I find the automatic cct? Ty

Valve clearances would be the obvious one.
Try Ronayers.com?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Im not afraid to tackle it myself. .. question is...is that something I could/should do myself or have someone do it for me?

Checking the clearances is not difficult but read the manual first to decide if you're comfortable with it.
Swapping shims is a little more complicated but still not difficult.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll order a manual now lol. Any answers on where I get an auto cct? And is there anything else I can do?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I'll order a manual now lol. Any answers on where I get an auto cct? And is there anything else I can do?

Any Honda dealer can supply the CCT.
Ronayers.com are a good choice but there are lots of others.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
With the cct,all I need to change is the tensioner? No guide,chain, etc?

I would assume you are replacing the tensioner because it has failed?
If other components have also failed then replace those also.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would assume you are replacing the tensioner because it has failed?
If other components have also failed then replace those also.
Well there's a noise and I just wanna trouble shoot it.i haven't taken it apart yet,but the noise had been bothering me all summer.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,343 Posts
Hey blade,I'm on Amazon looking for a feeler gauge. Do you know which one I should buy? Thanks
You can get a set of feeler gauges from any auto parts store. Just make sure they include the sizes you need. For example I think the ones for the 93 900RR are .006 and .008 in. I use the wide ones that look like a tongue depressor. The feeling end is bent at an angle to get in there better. You'll need to check the manual for the sizes you'll need for a 954.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
No worries, so just make sure the ones you buy have one to get the middle number of your spec. Valve clearance inspection is good intimate time spent with your motor too. ;)

Or that add up to the required thickness, you can use more than one strip ;-)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No worries, so just make sure the ones you buy have one to get the middle number of your spec. Valve clearance inspection is good intimate time spent with your motor too. ;)
Just in time for Valentines Day. Isn't that nice :)
I just gotta figure out which ones are exhaust and which ones are intake.
Don't mind me if I ask dumb questions.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,343 Posts
Just in time for Valentines Day. Isn't that nice :)
I just gotta figure out which ones are exhaust and which ones are intake.
Don't mind me if I ask dumb questions.
I don't think a box of chocolates is gonna do your bike any good. lol The intakes are all on the CARB (rear side) side of the head, and the exhausts naturally are all on the header (front) side of the head. And the sequence will be spelled out in the manual, as you cannot check them all at once.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't think a box of chocolates is gonna do your bike any good. lol The intakes are all on the CARB (rear side) side of the head, and the exhausts naturally are all on the header (front) side of the head. And the sequence will be spelled out in the manual, as you cannot check them all at once.
Ok Thanks. I already read up on it in the manual last night. I'll be back! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok guys... while I'm doin all this stuff in gonna either change the fork oil or get new Springs etc(budget permitting) I noticed when I try to put the upper triple back on the forks aren't exactly on. In other words I gotta seriously with a rubber mallet bang the triple back on. Is this a sign of bent forks?or does it have anything to do with the lower components already being tightened up and therefore pulling the forks to one side? Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Ok guys... while I'm doin all this stuff in gonna either change the fork oil or get new Springs etc(budget permitting) I noticed when I try to put the upper triple back on the forks aren't exactly on. In other words I gotta seriously with a rubber mallet bang the triple back on. Is this a sign of bent forks?or does it have anything to do with the lower components already being tightened up and therefore pulling the forks to one side? Thanks in advance
Do you have any weight on the front wheel?
Loosen the axle and see if it makes it easier?

1 - 20 of 93 Posts