Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i hav a 02 cbr900 rr. It runs greats. But is a project. I was trying to find the harnesses that go to the left control switch & the speedometer. They were tucked under the tank. So i undid the two front bolts & lifted it up just enough to get to them. Got them out & now thw fuel pump isn't getting power. So of course i tryed hooking it up to a new power & it worked. Wat could hav happened. . Any help thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
Could be that the power cable has snapped within the sheath.
Have you had a look at the electrical schematic and had a jiggle of the wires to find which one is faulty or has a loose connector.
I'm guessing it this because it worked before you disturbed the wires.
Once you work out if its a broken wire or loose connector you will then need to joint the wire or repair the connector.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hav tryed to straight wire fuel pump it will turn on but the bike still wont crank. & iv messed with every wire on the bike & couldnt get anything to happen

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes everything worked fine untill i moved the tank. Iv messed with it for 2 day now & cant find out anything. Iv replaced every relay & checked all the fuses & grounds

·
Registered
242 Posts
Have you measured the voltage on the loom that plugs into the fuel pump when the bike ignition is on and the kill switch on?
Also recommend downloading the workshop manual and going through that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts