Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me with any information that CBR's have on safety features? for example: Bike will turn off if in gear when kickstand is down.

I have been riding for 2 years now and I am just curious on all the cool safety features there are on these bikes. Reason for this thread is that I am having an electrical issue with my bike. Fuel Pump does not prime(that whirring sound when you put the bike to the on position) and Headlights do not turn on so bike does not start. Im thinking that there is something wrong with my headlights, that the safety feature is that the fuel pump does not prime. Any Advice will be greatfull thanks :)

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Can someone please help me with any information that CBR's have on safety features? for example: Bike will turn off if in gear when kickstand is down.

I have been riding for 2 years now and I am just curious on all the cool safety features there are on these bikes. Reason for this thread is that I am having an electrical issue with my bike. Fuel Pump does not prime(that whirring sound when you put the bike to the on position) and Headlights do not turn on so bike does not start. Im thinking that there is something wrong with my headlights, that the safety feature is that the fuel pump does not prime. Any Advice will be greatfull thanks :)

Bank angle sensor correctly positioned?
The headlight is wired through the starter button so it may be a problem in that circuit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you mean in the correct possition? I mean i know that it has to be up right but how would that mess up if its skrewed in? But I did check the BAS and it looked fine. and thanks, I am going to check the wire from the starter button to see if its burned or corroded but I dont see how that would affect my fuel pump priming. Or would it?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
What you mean in the correct possition? I mean i know that it has to be up right but how would that mess up if its skrewed in? But I did check the BAS and it looked fine. and thanks, I am going to check the wire from the starter button to see if its burned or corroded but I dont see how that would affect my fuel pump priming. Or would it?

It has to be positioned the right way up and the connection must be good - without the BAS the fuel pump won't run.
If the kill switch is used regularly it may be worn out as well - the kill switch should always be left on. Starter button circuit won't stop the pump from running but a bad kill switch will.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has to be positioned the right way up and the connection must be good - without the BAS the fuel pump won't run.
If the kill switch is used regularly it may be worn out as well - the kill switch should always be left on. Starter button circuit won't stop the pump from running but a bad kill switch will.
I checked it earlier and to me it looks pretty normal. It looks like 3 wires and the contact point looks fine to me. And yes the BAS is up right, i was just thinking of switching the wiring harness with a different one and see if that solves the problem. Where are the relays located and how do I check if they are faulty or not?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts