Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found a cheap one missing front end for $900

thinking of snagging it, not really sure if i want to drain my bike fund for a new bike for this

"This is a Honda vfr800 project bike front forks are gone, but i have an RC51 front for it. ther is a crack in the clutch cover but engine still starts fine"

what do you all think?

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
I would put the money into the 900 and get it running properly and maybe put a couple nice extras on it....for $900. At least you will have one good running bike instead of three bikes that don't run.:thumb: :twocents:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would put the money into the 900 and get it running properly and maybe put a couple nice extras on it....for $900. At least you will have one good running bike instead of three bikes that don't run.:thumb: :twocents:
good point...but i dont want to invest in any extras for the 900 just want it running to sell, i want a newer bike to move on to...i dont have the 929 :thumbd:

i mean i guess ill see how much he will actually let it go for, be great if i got it for $500 no? :evilaugh:

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
good point...but i dont want to invest in any extras for the 900 just want it running to sell, i want a newer bike to move on to...i dont have the 929 :thumbd:

i mean i guess ill see how much he will actually let it go for, be great if i got it for $500 no? :evilaugh:
Honestly, then I would forget about it completely, fix the 900, sell it, and take the money you are going to spend plus the money for the 900 and get something worth while. I know how you feel ,the urge to buy something different, but great and better things will come with patience.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
dude, deal, if there is an RC front end thats awesome.

Its been wrecked, big deal, if its a salvaged title that means it passed inspection and is straight so thats cool, if clean, even better. Really look at the frame though.

Do it!!
SSSA!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
good for you!

If you can source a legit front end, (that is, if the rc one doesnt work out), then thatll be an awesome project --> if the rc works, even better

Would you re-fairing it or fighter it? (fighters with singles look soooo good)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
good for you!

If you can source a legit front end, (that is, if the rc one doesnt work out), then thatll be an awesome project --> if the rc works, even better

Would you re-fairing it or fighter it? (fighters with singles look soooo good)
i would like to custom fighter it, have always wondered how they would look without the banana seat :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.