Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found a cheap one missing front end for $900

thinking of snagging it, not really sure if i want to drain my bike fund for a new bike for this

"This is a Honda vfr800 project bike front forks are gone, but i have an RC51 front for it. ther is a crack in the clutch cover but engine still starts fine"

what do you all think?

· Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would put the money into the 900 and get it running properly and maybe put a couple nice extras on it....for $900. At least you will have one good running bike instead of three bikes that don't run.:thumb: :twocents:
good point...but i dont want to invest in any extras for the 900 just want it running to sell, i want a newer bike to move on to...i dont have the 929 :thumbd:

i mean i guess ill see how much he will actually let it go for, be great if i got it for $500 no? :evilaugh:

· Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
good for you!

If you can source a legit front end, (that is, if the rc one doesnt work out), then thatll be an awesome project --> if the rc works, even better

Would you re-fairing it or fighter it? (fighters with singles look soooo good)
i would like to custom fighter it, have always wondered how they would look without the banana seat :rolleyes:

· Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Valid too. Did you say in another thread you wanted to fix the 900s electrical and sell it?
i think the problem may just be the starter solenoid...not sure, but waiting for someone to chime in on my latest video :rolleyes:

but the main reason for selling the 900 would have been to put it towards something new, but if i can snag this for cheap i can keep both of them :rolleyes:

· Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I hear that, newer is better, its true.

There are people that will argue that carbed bikes perform as well as FIed bikes, but from personal experience, the FI game is on a different level.
i've read articles about bikes pulling harder are atleast the same as their newer family members lol, but even still can't shave off the weight

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.