Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else have the chevy/gmc 8.1 in there truck? if so do you experience any problems using oil in between oil changes?. i just rolled 25,000 on it and in the last 2 oil changes its used like 2 qts of oil... no burning/smoking in the exhaust and the driveway is as clean as a whistle......i might just have a reason now to go upgrade to the diesel... but really like this truck....

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
8.1 liters what is that like a 500ci or something? did'nt they make a bigger one? :p that is one huge engine...and I thought that I was getting bad mileage, makes me feel much better :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Northern RR said:
8.1 liters what is that like a 500ci or something? did'nt they make a bigger one? :p that is one huge engine...and I thought that I was getting bad mileage, makes me feel much better :D
8.1= 496ci the larget size factory installed motor...
but gm performace also offers the 502 and some other monster motors but does not factory install them in any vehicles....accept in the marine end they do install the 502..
8-9 :eek: round town up to 14 over the road....mpg... that is....

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Northern RR said:
I guess that I will kep my mouth shut about the 35-45 mpg that I get... :D
your sure that it is not 8-9 gpm? :p
35-45mpg, you have a small 4 cylinder japense car by the sounds of it.
I get 10-12 in my car. but my car also weighs about 2 tons and has an underpowered small v8 with over 150k on it.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I would not call a prelude small or light...maybe compared to some "domestic land yachts" from the 80's but not as far as more recent offerings go, it is quite heavy. but like I said I am not going to complain, how does the saying go? The only replacment for displacment is V-TEC :D

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Northern RR said:
I would not call a prelude small or light...maybe compared to some "domestic land yachts" from the 80's but not as far as more recent offerings go, it is quite heavy. but like I said I am not going to complain, how does the saying go? The only replacment for displacment is V-TEC :D
vtec can kiss my ass. there's no replacement for displacement. eventually I wanna build a 383 stroker with 18degree cylinder heads to build tons of power, that probably won't be very good on the street but I don't care it wouldn't be a daily driver.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
"vtec can kiss my ass" :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
That is too funny, I was just buggin ya, I am a big fan of huge engines with massive power, I just cant afford to run one considering gas prices and the insurance that is normally associated with it.
BTW Sorry for the thread jack, all in good fun :)

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Northern RR said:
"vtec can kiss my ass" :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
That is too funny, I was just buggin ya, I am a big fan of huge engines with massive power, I just cant afford to run one considering gas prices and the insurance that is normally associated with it.
BTW Sorry for the thread jack, all in good fun :)
yeah if I want gas mileage I go for the bike. but 8-14mpg with that truck, I could deal with that. I love big ass trucks with huge engines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts