Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this is a very strange question, but I was wondering if anyone has dropped one tooth at the front on their 954 and corrected the speedo and found out what the actual top speed is. The reason I ask is cause tonight I managed to hit 296 KM on my speedo, I was about a grand into red but I wanted to know....anyone have the same setup and now what the difference is roughly?

Also, how bad is it too hold the bike into red for a few seconds once in a while...in 6th I mean??

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Dunno about the top speed :idunno:
Why wouldn't your rev limiter cut in? :huh:
Have you somehow disabled it?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope I never disabled it...unless thats why it stopped at like 12,200...bike reds at like 11,500 I think....??? Maybe it has something to do with the sprocket.....??

RPinOZ said:
Dunno about the top speed :idunno:
Why wouldn't your rev limiter cut in? :huh:
Have you somehow disabled it?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
FWIW...167MPH indicated(uncorrected) 15t front on a CLOSED COURSE!

J

·
Registered
441 Posts
That speed sounds about right. I did 178 with a 15 tooth and 11.5% correction with an speedo recalibrator. It could be that the bike actually goes faster with the 15 tooth then stock because it doesn't have enough power to pull the higher gear ratio. I had a Mazda 323 back in the 80's that would do 105 in 4th gear and only 100 in 5th. I just didn't have enough power to pull 5th. I think it had 88 hp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts