Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just new on this site, I have an 03 954 with 15 000km's on it the bike has always run very well for me.
At the end of last season I was stopped at a light, and as it turned green, i started to pull away and the bike just completely cut out on me. The electrical was working still, and i could use the ignition on it fine....but it wouldn't kick on. Seemed like a lack of fuel problem to me. So after about 30 seconds, the fuel pump primed it self and it started for me. Got a few blocks down the road and it cut out again, this time it wouldn't start for me. It didn't overheat, temp was fine. Just pulled the cover off it from the winter and started it up last week, and once again it cut out while it was idling. Tried to wiggle all the connections while it was running to get it to stop, and nothing, it still ran.
So basically it decides when it wants to cut out on me whenever it wants. And then as soon as the fuel pump primes, it runs again.
I just finished spraying all the connections with WD-40, and pulled the tank off and fuel pump out to see if any debris was inside.
So if anyone has had this type of problem and knows any type of solution, that would be great.

Thanks, Woodstock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked the ground on the pump and it was tight. Then put an ohm reader just to make sure that the ground wasn't shorting out and it was running all the way to the main ground. But i gave it a pinch just in case. Now all i gotta do is put it all back together and give it a whirl.
Thanks. I'll post the results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.