Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm willing to trade an '02 Honda CBR929 Brain for an '03 954 Brain!
It works perfect! In nice condition. Did an engine swap with a 929 motor for a 954 motor so in need of a brain!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm willing to trade an '02 Honda CBR929 Brain for an '03 954 Brain!
It works perfect! In nice condition. Did an engine swap with a 929 motor for a 954 motor so in need of a brain!
do you mean 01 929 ? because in 02-03 it was 954 :huh:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
And 929 ECU's aren't compatible with 954 harness connectors - although it's probably possible to make it work if you're happy to re-wire the connectors.
If you want to run the 954 ECU then you'll probably want to replace the entire harness and any other electrics that are wired differently.
Is the bike performing poorly with the 929 ECU?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually have the 954 wiring harness. Upper and Lower. I'm just needing the Brain for the 954! If anyone has a 954 brain and is need of a 929 brain I'd swap out with them for it!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Interesting, the ECU that I have is listed to work on '00 - '03 on Ronayers.com:

Ronayers.com Fiche Desktop

38770-MCJ-L01

:edit:
But from doing a little searching around it looks like they're definitely different. Not sure why Ronayers shows that. Odd.
Ron Ayres for some reason seems to list many 929 and 954 parts on both fiches with different part numbers even though they are not compatible. It's very annoying.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
why not stick with the 929 wiring and ECU but get a power commander to get the right fueling? You'll need to be careful with ECU as some places had HISS built in and iirc some countries dont.....

·
Registered
547 Posts
i have a spare 954 brain if you want with a complete main wiring harness?
it will be the cheapest you can find not doing business here just a fellow rider.:thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts