Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2003 954 and am thinking of putting an exhaust on it this summer....what do you guys recommend? Or does anyone have a site of benchmarks or anything for each brand...horsepower/noise.....I just want it to add as much HP as possible and have a nice loud sound :)...keeping relatively cheap though......opinions anyone?

Okay I have changed my mind and am just going to go for a slip-on...what I really want is a nice sounding pipe? Sounds like it's between acrapovic and hindle...how are D&D's? I know you can't get much horse from a slip-on so I figure why not go for sound :)

Hellfire666

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Hellfire666 said:
I have a 2003 954 and am thinking of putting an exhaust on it this summer....what do you guys recommend? Or does anyone have a site of benchmarks or anything for each brand...horsepower/noise.....I just want it to add as much HP as possible and have a nice loud sound :)...keeping relatively cheap though......opinions anyone?

Hellfire666
The last part of your request: "add as much HP as possible and have a nice loud sound :)...keeping relatively cheap though"

Makes the Hindle the logical choice. Not bad looks, great sound and within 1.7 HP of the most expensive pipes.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Best bang for the buck, Hindle system!!! :thumb:

Rick

·
Registered
307 Posts
i dont seem to be able to find hindles in Australia...what are the best pipes for 03 blades without a price limit?? Micron?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Hellfire666 said:

Hellfire666
:gve: hellfire666, your username brings back fond memories.

;) Anyway, Hindle is the ticket.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I have a feeling that would be a good one for ol' hellfire. :evilaugh:

·
Registered
307 Posts
FullForce said:
well if you want the pipe to rip when you run it hard and you want max power then you need the Serpent

thanks mate..seeing the only way i cant get a hindle is get it posted from the US im just going to get a Micron Serpent :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hellfire666 said:

Also, is it worth putting an exhaust on and not getting a power commander...or do you need a power commander for it to run properly???

Hellfire666

what color is your 03? i liked the devil carbon cause it matched my bike. i had a pc III. i didn't really want a full system cause of $$$$ & i dont really think i needed the extra 10 ponies.

http://webpages.charter.net/k.shimada/954rr18.jpg

it looks pretty and sounds better than any exhaust i've heard for the 954.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
brennyP said:
i dont seem to be able to find hindles in Australia...what are the best pipes for 03 blades without a price limit?? Micron?

Try this link for dyno bike they are the aussie importers and are in Melbourne

It would still be cheaper to import one from the states though.

Some members tried serpents a couple of years ago and most of them were disappointed with the flat spot/ loss of power down low, they are not on the street compared to some others

·
Registered
522 Posts
Well based on your criteria and the general consensus from various board members, Hindle is the way to go. But since your going for a full system, then in would be in your best interest to invest in a PCIII as well. :thumb:

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
Hindle all the way! And a PC3! It's no where near the loudness of my D&D, actually, it reminds me of the stock system but a little more throaty. But also, the power/performance outweighs the sound, but I sure miss the D&D. Go with the Hindle, you'll be very satisfied!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hellfire666 said:

Okay I have changed my mind and am just going to go for a slip-on...what I really want is a nice sounding pipe? Sounds like it's between acrapovic and hindle...how are D&D's? I know you can't get much horse from a slip-on so I figure why not go for sound :)

Hellfire666
I have an 03 954 and the best way to go is a HTEV Eliminator!You can order these at http://showcase.netins.net/web/draftingunlimited/index.html they cost $133.00 USD.It will give your bike 9hp thats more than any full exaust on the market! I have an Erion can and a pc3r and the eliminator and dynoed at 147.6!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
troy954 said:
I have an 03 954 and the best way to go is a HTEV Eliminator!You can order these at http://showcase.netins.net/web/draftingunlimited/index.html they cost $133.00 USD.It will give your bike 9hp thats more than any full exaust on the market! I have an Erion can and a pc3r and the eliminator and dynoed at 147.6!

:huh: so my gain of 14 hp is less than 9 hp :idunno:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Sorry to dissapoint you Troy, but I've dyno'd 3 954's with Serpent systems and got 15h.p with mapping. (11 without).
Brenny, I have just received the first shipment of Arata Exhausts, and I have them for the 954 if you want one. But the Serpent system is good also. I have one here I can do cheap for you, with a TI can.
BTW, the ONLY bolt on muffler I have seen give the 954 any power is the Micron. And it's only 5h.p, in the last 2thou rpm.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Come on Ratter. I can post a chart of a 954 with 3 holes poked into the HVIX valve and a sock in the end of the muffler that makes 15 h.p. That doesn't mean shit. Ooops. Sorry. I was having a conqsoft moment. Hahaha.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ratter,
Yes I have a similar dyno as you can see! My point is that an exhaust by itself with no pc3 wont make 15hp!I dont doubt that bikes in Austrailia my be different! I chose to use the eliminator as opposed to the full exhaust because Honda makes a damn good set of stock headers!Personally I see the hp as the same fulll exhaust vs. the HTEV Eliminator except the cost is a bout $800.00 usd cheaper!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 63 Posts