Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
03 954 for $6500. What do you think????

Found a 2003 954 for 6500. It has 3250 miles and was purchased from honda finance by a local bike shop. The dealar knows nothing about the bike besides he got it from an auction. Stated selling so low due to not being able to move street bikes. His main stock are dirt bikes. I attached some pics, what ya think. Also what should i look for? How can you tell if the bike was not broken in properly? Thanks..........

Attachments

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Seems like a good price to me. Spend some more $ for four years of HondaCare, and you'll be golden :thumb:

·
Registered
397 Posts
From the looks of the stator cover, it has been down. Is it a CLEAN title? If it's a clean title, I think you did fine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah the title is clean, and i can't tell about the cover... obviously it has touched the ground but i can't tell it slide any.... like on my 929 i have an actual groves on the cover frm where it slide 15 feet....... but i guess this will have to be a chance i willhve to take.......

·
Registered
397 Posts
bligz said:
yeah the title is clean, and i can't tell about the cover... obviously it has touched the ground but i can't tell it slide any.... like on my 929 i have an actual groves on the cover frm where it slide 15 feet....... but i guess this will have to be a chance i willhve to take.......
In that case, you did good buttercup. :) Enjoy the new ride. :thumb:

·
Registered
108 Posts
My Silver and Black '02 954 has 5800mi, is flawless, has never been down and has a 3 year Honda extended warranty purchased from the Dealer. It has Carbon Fiber Frame and Swingarm sliders and a nice rear fender delete. It is available for $7k stock, or $7500 w/matrise damper, Full Arata TI and Dan Kyle map in a PCIII.

Sorry for the infomercial if you already purchased the other bike!

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Purchased at auction, and damage...I'd buy Mako's with a known history and all the bling for an extra G. :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Only a minor scuff on the left. Grab it then get a set of frame savers & obviously a decent steering head damper. I would definately jump at the deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts