Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there, i just bought an 03 954rr and am restoring it..the bike looks like it was a stunt bike and there are a couple dents in the frame/engine carrier..i was hoping someone out there has a frame sitting in there garage that they want to get rid of...i dont really want to spend 1500 on a new one...i would be willing to spend a couple hundred...scratches are okay just dont want dents..or if anyone knows how to do aluminum body work?? do you think that is okay to just repair the old one?? there's no cracks just cosmetic denting

Anyway, im in las vegas, let me know if you got somethin layin around..
RIDE SAFE OUT THERE

-randy

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
hey there, i just bought an 03 954rr and am restoring it..the bike looks like it was a stunt bike and there are a couple dents in the frame/engine carrier..i was hoping someone out there has a frame sitting in there garage that they want to get rid of...i dont really want to spend 1500 on a new one...i would be willing to spend a couple hundred...scratches are okay just dont want dents..or if anyone knows how to do aluminum body work?? do you think that is okay to just repair the old one?? there's no cracks just cosmetic denting

Anyway, im in las vegas, let me know if you got somethin layin around..
RIDE SAFE OUT THERE

-randy
You do understand the licencing requirements involved in replacing the frame right?
Depends on the damage but you can drill holes on the inside and drift dents out with an aluminium drift.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just figured i would swap the vin sticker over and the dmv wouldn't know the difference...do titles go with the frames?
drilling and punching is a good idea but one of the dents is a good size, maybe the size of a hockey puck..would drilling out holes effect the integrity of the frame?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
i just figured i would swap the vin sticker over and the dmv wouldn't know the difference...do titles go with the frames?
drilling and punching is a good idea but one of the dents is a good size, maybe the size of a hockey puck..would drilling out holes effect the integrity of the frame?

The frame number is stamped into the steering head.
Check with your DMV but I think it would be illegal to swap the VIN tag across from another frame.
You can have any holes welded up afterwards or weld a piece of plate over them if you're concerned but a few 12mm holes shouldn't be a major defect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts