Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any suggestions for alarm system? Hopefully available with a wiring harness.

Thanks.

J

·
Registered
461 Posts
My crazy idea was that I could install a Viper alarm from DEI with remote start and proximity sensor. The project was well intended and I thought well concieved. Just like a car. the 929 has FI, Neutural safety switch and electronic ignition switch. The whole alarm was a piece of cake. The remote start was a different issue. We spent days trying to figure it out and eventually just gave up. We thought that maybe we could get the fuel pump to run, FI would initialize and then start.
That was a few years ago. Now I know from reading fireblades.org that there is some sort of anti-theft/anti-hotwire feature in the ignition that was most likely fouling up my attempt to add remote start to the bike. And in my wise old age ;) I don't really feel that remote start is necessary.
Nonetheless, the Viper alarm worked pretty well for the motorcycle. The remote had good range and the tunable proximity sensor kept gawking tank humpers at bay.

·
Registered
46 Posts
schnogg said:
tunable proximity sensor kept gawking tank humpers at bay
I have never before had a problem with this until I picked up my newest bike. It is black and the first new bike that I have owned and I am finding little scratches on the bike around the tank and under the rear seat that I know I did not put there. This might be a good remedy for the situation!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have that one too I've been using it for 2 years now, but recently my buddy who also has one said he found a similar alarm with all the features for under 100 bucks, I'll ask him if he remembers the name of it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the scorpio 500 as well(installed myself). Nice alarm, altho the clock on my remote is fast :(

Are the rear blinker lights suppose to be ON when the bike is running?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts