Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here it goes and hope someone can lead me in the right direction.....i have a 03 954 rr and bike somtimes starts up fine but then somtimes it starts up like the battery is dead which somtimes leads the bike not to start.....i brought a new battery and the bike still has the same problem.....just today the bike shut off on mw while driving and didnt want to start back up like the battery was dead...i got a jump and it started right up.......battery is brand new from dealer......

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Before you replaced the battery did you check the charging system?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to be honest i dont kno were to start so i did not.....i dont really kno how to work on bikes but i can get by if i knew were to start or what to change.....if this was a car i would guess a alternator but i dont kno for a bike

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Same thing.
If there's a problem with the battery you have to check the charging system unless you know the battery is old or bad.
It's a simple matter to put a voltmeter across the battery while the engine is running. If volts are rising it's charging. If they're dropping then the charging system isn't working.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok in that case after i changed the battery and the problem persisted i brong it by my boys shop so he can check with a voltage meter and when we rev the motor the voltage also rised up.......iam so confused on what it can be....was gonna see about the starter but dosnt seem like the problem but dont kno were else to look

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
You don't need to rev it as the voltage should be rising even at idle but it seems like you've tested that to be okay.
You could also check your earths and connections but if your boy has a shop maybe just take it in and let him sort it out for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts