Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you guys know, either from same setup or reviews or anyway....roughly what kind of boost I will get out of adding a Carbon fibre jardine RT-One exhaust(just a slip-on) and a pcIII and a K&N air filter to a stock 2003 954??

Either by part or overall or anything..I'm just very curious and anxious to find out!!

Thanks, Hellfire666

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I think slip-ons don't really give any noticeable gains until about 7k RPMS, and even then they're not that great. I had a Two-Brothers can on my 929 and I didn't really notice a difference. When I added a PCIII and experimented with a few maps, it ran worse than it did without the PCIII. Unless you have a map made on a dyno, I don't think the PCIII will help with just a slip-on.

What's with the nickname?

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
A slip on won't really do much but change the sound, I don't care which one it is.
A PC3 is always a good thing, and will smooth out the power delivery noticably.
A K&N filter is a waste of money and will rob power from your bike.
Will you see more power from a slip and PC3? Maybe - it won't be much, if any, but it will make your power curve smoother and more managable.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
BDA116 said:
A slip on won't really do much but change the sound, I don't care which one it is.
A PC3 is always a good thing, and will smooth out the power delivery noticably.
A K&N filter is a waste of money and will rob power from your bike.
Will you see more power from a slip and PC3? Maybe - it won't be much, if any, but it will make your power curve smoother and more managable.
Hey old man, why isn't your age listed under your name? :nono:

·
Registered
307 Posts
ive just got a Micron Can on my '03 954. i didnt feel any difference in the bike from the stock Can but my new one sounds great :thumb: i dont have a PC3 because my powercurve is very nice anyway..but ill get one when i get my full exhaust system..if you havnt got your Slip-On Can yet..dont just keep saving until you can get the full system.. im really pissed that i spen 2/3 of a full system on my micron Can and then found out it wouldnt fit on my headers when i got them... :mad: and well we live and learn...anyway the blade has plenty power enough for me stock...enjoy :D

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
brennyP said:
...anyway the blade has plenty power enough for me stock...enjoy :D

Never thought I'd ever say I had enough horsepower, but I'll definitely have to agree with you on this one Brenny.

·
Registered
99 Posts
brennyP said:
ive just got a Micron Can on my '03 954. i didnt feel any difference in the bike from the stock Can but my new one sounds great :thumb: i dont have a PC3 because my powercurve is very nice anyway..but ill get one when i get my full exhaust system..if you havnt got your Slip-On Can yet..dont just keep saving until you can get the full system.. im really pissed that i spen 2/3 of a full system on my micron Can and then found out it wouldnt fit on my headers when i got them... :mad: and well we live and learn...anyway the blade has plenty power enough for me stock...enjoy :D

I have a Micron Can as well. The bigest difference that I've noticed is that under 4k RPM's it's not smooth now after that it's great and that sound is awesome. Although I got my bolt on off of e-bay for $250 I can't complain. If hind site is 20/20 I should have waited to and saved a little more for the full system. I plan on getting the Serpent system and a PCIIIR this summer. So for the time being I sure sound and look good. :smilebig:

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
When I installed the Jardine bolt-on on my 954 the only difference that was apparent would be the sound. I could fool myself into thinking that I picked up a couple of ponies but that probably is not true. The fact that my engine has a few more miles and the lower gearing installed about the same time would probably account for any increase in power perceived.

I would have to bow to Abtech's testing of K&N's filter in the knowledge base. Some would claim that if the bike were properly mapped a K&N filter would show an increase.... looks like Abtech tried and the filter did not produce :idunno: . I can tell you that I installed a K&N on my XX and it seemed to me there was a loss, I did not have it mapped though.

The hot (or at least warm) set-up used to be; K&N filter, jet kit, timing advancer and full exhaust system. I did this to every bike I owned.... until all of this newfangled fuel injection and computer controlled this and that. But hey what do I know... someone the next county over tried to pass a million dollar bill and a guy from a town an hour south of here is trying to turn the AMA into the WWE. :smilebig:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts