Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
SAME ISSUE: I started experiencing battery charging issues and about 9 hours into my ride (105 degree weather) I began losing supply voltage to vital components ( engine sounded fine above 2k rpm) and I exited the highway and the bike died when it came to an idle. If I jump the contacts before the starter relay the starter will crank but absolutely no power can make it past the 30amp main fuse due to it blowing immediately upon putting a new one in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check the bottom of the new switch vs the old switch. The old switch is on the left in this pic, with the pink wire. The new Ebay switch is on the right, no pink wire. The old switch is missing the diode, as it is supposed to be in the little black nook, just above where the pink wire is soldered in.

View attachment 90730

Add an inline Zener diode on the pink wire.
SAME ISSUE: I started experiencing battery charging issues and about 9 hours into my ride (105 degree weather) I began losing supply voltage to vital components ( engine sounded fine above 2k rpm) and I exited the highway and the bike died when it came to an idle. If I jump the contacts before the starter relay the starter will crank but absolutely no power can make it past the 30amp main fuse due to it blowing immediately upon putting a new one in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What did you figure out was wrong cause I have a 954 with the same problem and I can't figure out whats wrong

41 - 44 of 44 Posts