Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
title for sale. the bike was in a really bad accident awhile back and crushed to the point of no return. the neck was so horribly crushed that i didnt even bother getting it off the frame. the title is a clean 2003 title that only says 000004 miles. i was told that a new frame could be restamped but wasnt exactly sure how about going that way. best offer for the title.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
title for sale. the bike was in a really bad accident awhile back and crushed to the point of no return. the neck was so horribly crushed that i didnt even bother getting it off the frame. the title is a clean 2003 title that only says 000004 miles. i was told that a new frame could be restamped but wasnt exactly sure how about going that way. best offer for the title.
You must post your asking price.
Is it legal to sell a title that doesn't have a frame?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wasnt sure if it was or if it wasnt. i own the title so legally id assume i can sell the title. what would be the difference if i bought the frame, stamped it and sold it or if someone else did the same thing after buying my title. asking price $100

·
Registered
547 Posts
i wasnt sure if it was or if it wasnt. i own the title so legally id assume i can sell the title. what would be the difference if i bought the frame, stamped it and sold it or if someone else did the same thing after buying my title. asking price $100
how can you stamp a vin number onto a frame ?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
how can you stamp a vin number onto a frame ?
When I enquired last year about buying a new frame from Suzuki they said it came with no numbers and that I'm supposed to transfer my existing VIN tag and frame number across to it.
Seemed odd to me.
But considering they wanted four times what I paid for the bike just for the frame I didn't pursue it further.

·
Registered
547 Posts
well my research was almost the similar to yours and the frame was gona run close to 2k with bill of sale and then i had to get the vin embosed to it from a cnc shop and get all the inspections done so i tought its not even worth it.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
well my research was almost the similar to yours and the frame was gona run close to 2k with bill of sale and then i had to get the vin embosed to it from a cnc shop and get all the inspections done so i tought its not even worth it.
Who told you it needed to be CNC?
Just stamp it or engrave it.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it was more of a testing waters. ive never been in this situation before. the bike had no insurance on it and a friend wrecked it. i wanted to see what i could do before i just threw it away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would be interested in this because i have a bike with a cert of destructon but it has light rash.... would i be able have to have the vin tag from the broken frame?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
they didnt have plates. they were stamped in the neck. i think im gonna just throw it away. sorry if i stirred anything up

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
they didnt have plates. they were stamped in the neck. i think im gonna just throw it away. sorry if i stirred anything up
The VIN is not stamped in the steering head, that's the frame number.
The VIN is on either an aluminium plate or sometimes a sticker on the frame rail.

·
Registered
42 Posts
ok question, Blade racer where Might I find the tag on my 01 929? because I polished the frame and destroyed the sticker

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.