Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how big of a differnce are there between the 2 models?... i know one is lighter and faster

but does that make it less streetable?.... and more wheelie prone? more fuel efficient?

also... is it possible to get the 06-07 body work on the older ones?.... i honestly dont like how the older ones look that much....

·
Registered
533 Posts
I don't know why everyone says they are so wheelie prone. My 06 seems to hold the nose down pretty good though I do stay on top of the tank as much as possible. I have seen it come up more when I'm not as focused on leaning forward. The way I sit on it seems to make a huge difference. It might be because I'm a smaller guy too. A buddy of mine was messing with me on his 06 GSX-R1000 and his tire kept popping up and making him have to slow down. He's a pretty big guy so that's what made me think it has a lot to do with your size/position.

As far as comparison for the years, I've only had this 06 and only heard they are a tad faster/more reliabile.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Was on a mate's 06 just yesterday. the 06 is way more responsive on the clutch and throttle - seems like way *faster* power-on-demand response to small inputs. His bike stock standard like my mine. Couldn't get myself into a comfy riding position on it yet, but am sure its possible. My 1c

1 - 4 of 4 Posts