Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am real happy with my blade except for seemingly noisy tappets. Is this common with this engine? Bike has under 5000km. Perhaps I'm just not hearing the other engine noises i am used to hearing from past rides.:hmm:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well for starters, there are no tappets in a 1000RR... (edit: for those of us that consider tappet to mean rocker:p)

But ya, the top ends are noisy. It's normal.
Sorry mate. Little bit of old school coming out in me.Yes I do and did know they are rockers. but hey you knew what I meant.

·
Registered
469 Posts
The more advanced and lighter they get means they tend to have nice thin walls in the block/head/cam covers etc so from a mechanical point of view the sound tends to increase a bit. It's pretty normal in modern bikes, although it does make you wonder sometimes. I don't think they're due to be checked until 24k kms right? You can always have them done at 12k kms if you're a bit keen.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Guys,
Is this really normal?
I am getting this high frequency "ticking" under heavy acceleration..but its not very "light" (??!!).
No smoking, heating or anything..
I have noticed its more from the left side though..
Thanks

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
CCT should be checked. is it at 5 to 6k rpm. search the threads for cct. i installed a manual unit from ape. you have to be careful when putting one in though. overtightening it can cause damage. mine rattles a bit till it hits 130 f but is pefect from that point on.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The more advanced and lighter they get means they tend to have nice thin walls in the block/head/cam covers etc so from a mechanical point of view the sound tends to increase a bit. It's pretty normal in modern bikes, although it does make you wonder sometimes. I don't think they're due to be checked until 24k kms right? You can always have them done at 12k kms if you're a bit keen.
:plus1:. The R1 is somewhat infamous for their 'ticking' top-ends... since the original '98! And they still 'tick'. The RR is rather subdued by comparison; but otherwise this is not uncommon for it.

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts