Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the search but couldn't find any results. Can someone point me to the suspension setting info for '04 RR or post them here. My bike is bone stock and I'm about 150 fully geared, occassionally ride w/ the wife she's about 115 with leathers on.

Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I generally just start with sport riders reccomendations (www.sportrider.com) and then tweak here and there as needed... I had my race bike setup by pros, but my street bike feels good enough based on SR reccomendations...

- BA

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mafia said:
I did the search but couldn't find any results. Can someone point me to the suspension setting info for '04 RR or post them here. My bike is bone stock and I'm about 150 fully geared, occassionally ride w/ the wife she's about 115 with leathers on.

Thanks!
Can't address two up. What I heard about Sport Rider settings did not make any sense. What I am runnng gives me fairly good sag at 150 pounds:

Shock: Position two from full soft on preload. Leave rebound in middle or one click to stiffer.

Forks: Take up most preload (12-14 turns from full soft) this is a sag issue. Leave compression and rebound alone and adjust to your preference after riding awhile.

Ernie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ernie,
I'm happy to see I'm not alone on this one,
I'm a bit heavier about 190 (!) & find I've had to wind the front pre load to the max (less a quarter of a turn),
plus I've backed both the front & rear, comp & rebound off slightly (a turn each), & found its nearly perfect .

Despite my minor tinkering to date, its still the sweetest handling bike I've EVER ridden (in 25 years !)

Neil. :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts