Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
I've checked around for similar threads, but not come up with anything.
Been having problems with the bike starting again after it's warmed up/been ridden for more than 20mins.
At first it fired up fine after cooling to below 70. Then coming home after a good day's ride a few weeks ago the engine just lost power and died. No bang or smoke or anything. The dash, lights etc stayed functional, but it wouldn't start again at all. Not even after cooling right down. Even jump starting failed.
I left it for a few days, tried again and lo and behold she came to life ...... then cut out after 30 seconds. It's doing my head in!
The fuel pump and injectors have been cleaned.
I've bypassed the bank angle sensor. Fitted a new pulse generator. The fuel line/breathers are not pinched...
Anyone have a clue what's going on? Could the kill switch have anything to do with matters?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Killswitch could absolutely be in play as a problem. Buddy of mine has an 09 r6 and the it kept dying while getting on the throttle and randomly after bumps but lights stayed on and whatnot like you popped the killswitch. Would also not turn right back on (crank) sometimes until it felt like it or it was tweaked just right. We hardwired the killswitch (connecting both terminals with wire) and fixed the problem.

If the symptoms are there I would definitely try tinkering with it / hardwiring it..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts