Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the front end, but I cannot stand the side panels. Cover up that ugly frame and engine.

·
Registered
123 Posts
what about the zx7? isnt it...oh I dont know....ABOUT TIME TO GET RID OF THAT?!?! the 10 looks allright.....not a huge fan of those silly front ends though......

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
That thing looks like it got catapulted from the design studios, missed the target and hit the ugly tree bouncing off every branch on the way down. WOW is it ugly!! That swingarm looks like it came off the 954

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
That image has been out for months now actually. FWIW, if the bike winds up looking close to what is depicted, it'll be a big hit for Kwak. They tend to be selling the new 600 as fast as they can get their hands on them. Styling aside, Kwak's always been pretty good about making horsepower, but I'm not holding my breath - the Gixxer1 remains the bar.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
true....Kawasuki has been a HP maker since I can remember....they just need to handle. Thats why I am betting we will see some goodies from those boys soon. I just will have to lean to love them. so far....not much love.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
team green lovers will be whacking off to that if it comes out. I personally know several guys who'd cream at anything that Kawasaki makes. It's digusting.

The design is pretty off too (if this is final and not some poor photochop composite). I guess it got it from the 6. Pass.

·
Registered
548 Posts
My last four bikes were Kaws ('75 Z1, '77 KZ1000, '92 ZX6, '98 ZX9R) I thought they were all great looking bikes. The 9 was my favorite. I don't care much for the direction that Kawasaki has taken with it's designs. Have you seen the new ZX6R in person, the front of that thing looks really funky. The new Z1000 isn't that impressive in person either. Thats why I'm riding the much better looking than a Kaw 954.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I think the lights on that look better than the current ZX6, but still fugly.

And don't you guys know? The ZX10 will have the GSXR1000 engine - they are co-operating now... It's been pretty much public news for months that they are sharing engine technology..

Z...

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Zeeman : And don't you guys know? The ZX10 will have the GSXR1000 engine
Not likely.

Models involved in co-development include large cruisers, motocrossers, off-road and larger-displacement scooters.

So no, the ZX10 and the GSX-R will NOT have the same mill. The two companies will share parts sourcing and are engaging in joint R&D, but don't expect to see lime green Gixxers anytime soon.

This from a print copy of a Suzuki press release a friend of mine in the industry gave me some time ago:

'No OEM collaboration on these sport models is part of the alliance. The GSX-R series represents our best-selling, most prolific vehicles, and will always be a key area of company excellence and dealer performance. Likewise, many standard and on-road Suzuki models will remain 100 percent Suzuki - forever maintaining Suzuki dealers' status as the strongest retailers in the industry.'

Edit: typo

1 - 20 of 34 Posts