Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I'm sitting on a 98 CBR600 F3 with extremely bent front forks and I'm looking at an offer for forks off a 05-06 RR.

I'm wondering if anybody's attempted this before. I saw one thread but you guys talked him into forks off a 954. I know it won't be an easy conversion, but I've got the tools to make spacers and everything so I'm willing to do it for the price.

This is my first real fork swap (unless you count swapping stock for stock) so any tips, advice, etc is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would assume you'd be getting the 05-06 triple clamps also. But the 05-06rr forks are shorter by 3 inches. Which I would think would make the front of the bike kinda of low, which would affect the handling in a negative way. Also, because 600rr handle bars mount below the clamps, the F3 fairing is in the way. I would keep an eye on ebay for a straight F3 fork set. If the 05-06rr forks are cheap, buy them, sell them for a profit, and use the money for straight F3 forks. Last time I saw 600rr forks on ebay they were way more expensive than F3 forks. Also if you want 05-06rr forks, you're gonna need the handle bars, triple clamps, master cylinder, brake calipers, front wheel, and brake rotors, all from the RR. Basicly the whole front end from the handle bars down and from the wheel up and everything inbetween.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts