Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever have MAJOR issues installing a two wire no load flasher where a four wire one used to be? Seems like it should be easy enough. One wire is switched 12 volts the other is to the signal switch the third goes to the hazzard flasher switch and the final green wire the ground right? I installed the flasher and left the wire to the hazzard flasher switch and the ground wire disconnected and now whenever I try to put a fuse in the slot labeled clock/signal all of my insturments and headlights light up as if I had put in the key and turned it on.:idunno: BTW I bought the flasher and integrated tail light from Custom LED and the product is awesome but they have offered no support for my problem b/c my ride is not U.S. Spec. Also have hot bodies flush mounts up front and 10 ohm 10 watt resistors series wired into the rear. (somehow still required to make the system flash with all of the LED)Have attached a pic I know it's blurry but you can see the wires I am working with and I will get some more as I can find the time to pull the fairing back off and get the test light in there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
i would email them back and demand support for purchasing thier product....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, Here is the support they have given me thus far. It's a shame because I'm so happy with the tail light. Just wish the flasher worked as advertised with my ride.
You must have a non-US spec bike. The US spec bikes are compatible. Our compatibility list indicates US SPEC ONLY.

Regardless, if wired properly, you should not have any problems. We have had many customers with your bike install our flasher relay and not have the problems you describe. I'm sorry, but I don't have any specifics about the proper method. The power source you choose to connect to the red wire on the ELFR-1 should be ignition-switched - meaning only have power when the ignition is on...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts