Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, they did it. Those punk writers at Cycle World wrote up about the RR and well, darnit. I'd like one

So, here's the Q and A. I know that many of you on here have made the jump from 954 to 1000 RR. I have a substantial ammount of miles on my 954 (23K) give me a week, and it'll be 24k. I am starting to think 1 of 2 ways.

I can spend a hunka money and get the 9 all set up. new everything, you know?

OR

I can go and find a 1000rr somewhere, and buy that. What's up. What's the opinion of the 2 bikes? Is the 1000rr that much heavier? Is the suspension any better?

I do primarily street riding, with the occasional track day. What's up, what do you think? I love the 9, but is the 1000 a good move? I don't see myself getting any other literbike. The kaw's are too twitchy, the gixxer is just too much, the yammy is too small. The only other bike I would consider really, is the Triumph 675, or the gix 750. I do lot's of long highway hauls, and spend hours and hours on the bike every day. What's up. Opinions??

And, if you can, don't just say "1000 rr's are great" give me a year and why that year rocks harder than last years, or why I should keep the 954.

BTW, I'm happy with the power of the 954, but a little more is never bad.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
I have no complaints on my '04 and an '05 is basically identical. The '06 seems to have upgrades in handling and weight (I think power also), maybe not in the way you want though. I suggest you also read the Feb Road Racing World, has a feature article from a track perspective mostly.

I like the added black on the red (tank) vs the '04 but find the yellow :puke: As far as distance I am the wrong person to ask as I ride further than the average sheep (high on the RR 1200 miles in 26 hours, average ride 4-600 in a day loop)

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
You know you want it, just buy one. The 1000 is awesome. Compared to the 954, it's like a tank... not as in heavy, but as in stable. It really takes a lot to upset the chassis, especially compared to the twitchy 954.

Get the yellow/blue one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bought a 04 1000rr and ride every day.
compared to all the others the big blade is heaps better than earlier models and i also do long hauls and have found it not bad.
Pillion winges a bit but a sheepskin cover will cure that.
wish had bought one earlier.
read ride report on www.mcnews.com.au
Is from the road perspective.
very true

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could I go so far as to say, the 1000rr is like a 954, but better? I'll have to ride one, but NO ONE AROUND HERE RIDES HONDAS. Well, they do, but I can't seem to find them. some destroyed 929's and 954's for stunts, but that's about it. Couple of 600's.

I like that Yellow blue, thank you very much. Different can be good.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
mojo1094 said:
could I go so far as to say, the 1000rr is like a 954, but better? I'll have to ride one, but NO ONE AROUND HERE RIDES HONDAS. Well, they do, but I can't seem to find them. some destroyed 929's and 954's for stunts, but that's about it. Couple of 600's.

I like that Yellow blue, thank you very much. Different can be good.
Being an expert on blue I can say :puke: :p Of course you can get any color you want (as the year progresses they will add the '06 in that link I sent)

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Flip through enough mags and you're guaranteed to find a comparison test that reaches the conlcusion you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
My local dealer had an ad selling them for $9799 if you preorder...I am afraid to call and ask to see if they are still that price...by toe is hurting from kicking myself...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
mojo1094 said:
ok. great.

I want one i want one i want one i want one.
Ya, me too now...I rode the 04 I think...and it was nice, but felt big, but for some reason, I think I would like the 06 more? Don't know why it should be different? Maybe I am just jonesing for a ride?? Damn snow and ice!!!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I want to see comparison times between the 54 and the 1KRR, same conditions, same rubber, anyone has anything from a mag or something :idunno:

that would be very interesting to look into, no doubt that the 1000 will be faster, but how much in time terms?
s..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts