Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I have been working on this bike for a week now and can not figure out what's going on. Here is a breakdown of what I've done and experienced.

*Cranks but won't turn over
*I can get it to start and idle as long as I spray fuel down the ITBs but once the fuel has been ignited it stalls.
*I've seen primary and secondary fuel injectors spraying
*No FI lights or any stored codes
*Fuel injectors have been cleaned
*Fuel has been flushed and 93 octane has been put in
*Fuel pump primes and has very good flow, as tested by FSM
*It's getting spark on each cylinder
*Compression is 175-180 on each cylinder
*Battery is 100% charged on most every attempt

As far as sensors, on each one I have bypassed and/or checked with multi-meter for voltage and/or resistance.
*Tip-over sensor
*Kick-stand sensor
*MAP sensor
*TPS
*Kill switch
*Camshaft sensor (Was never able to find specs on this one, but had no resistance on the sensor but did get power from the connector. I couldn't couldn't get power from the "tip", which looked like it has been ground down with some small metal shavings around it.)

I think this is everything, If there is anything else I'll post it up. Thanks for the help in advance!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
OK, so I have been working on this bike for a week now and can not figure out what's going on. Here is a breakdown of what I've done and experienced.

*Cranks but won't turn over
*I can get it to start and idle as long as I spray fuel down the ITBs but once the fuel has been ignited it stalls.
*I've seen primary and secondary fuel injectors spraying
*No FI lights or any stored codes
*Fuel injectors have been cleaned
*Fuel has been flushed and 93 octane has been put in
*Fuel pump primes and has very good flow, as tested by FSM
*It's getting spark on each cylinder
*Compression is 175-180 on each cylinder
*Battery is 100% charged on most every attempt

As far as sensors, on each one I have bypassed and/or checked with multi-meter for voltage and/or resistance.
*Tip-over sensor
*Kick-stand sensor
*MAP sensor
*TPS
*Kill switch
*Camshaft sensor (Was never able to find specs on this one, but had no resistance on the sensor but did get power from the connector. I couldn't couldn't get power from the "tip", which looked like it has been ground down with some small metal shavings around it.)

I think this is everything, If there is anything else I'll post it up. Thanks for the help in advance!

Did it stop one day while running or did it fail to start after it had been shut down?
Has anything happened to the bike since the last time it ran?
The injectors are spraying while the engine is cranking over on the starter motor?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I was told, it was either laid down and then sat while the guy was doing some military training or it sat for a while and then was laid down...

Yes the injectors are spraying while the engine is cranking and while it's "idling" with gas being sprayed into the ITBs.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
From what I was told, it was either laid down and then sat while the guy was doing some military training or it sat for a while and then was laid down...

Yes the injectors are spraying while the engine is cranking and while it's "idling" with gas being sprayed into the ITBs.

Then perhaps it's firing the injectors while the valves are still open?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts