Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out riding my bike the other day when I realized I was super low on gas. I stopped at the nearest gas station which only had regular gas and put in a gallon. I drove home and the next day my bike wouldn't start. I tried filling it with premium and adding 1/4 can of seafoam and i still couldn't get it to start.

A few weeks later I'm getting back at it to try and get it working (I have tried to start it sporadicly throughout the weeks) After taking the gas tank off and checking some things i have noticed that my fuel pump is no longer running. I'm not sure if this is a new occurance or if this is a wild coincidence after 35,000 miles. Things I have done:

Jumped the fuel pump directly to the battery. The fuel pump started right up. I did have to connect the ground and the yellow wire. Connecting the black and the red did not work. (Anybody know why there are 3 wires to this?)

Pulled the gas hose off of the fuel rod and verified gas is cycling through

Checked the relay, it has the same input as output. My headlight also works which i have read runs off the same relay?

Double, triple, quadruple checked that my kill switch is in the off position. The bike is in nuetral.

The bike turns over so I sprayed starting fluid into the air box. I had a few kicks but nothing consistent. I'm wondering at this point if i even have good spark

Any idea's of what i should be trying next? I'm starting to run out of ideas.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
No problem @Troy Jordan , its just one of the checks thats easy to do (those 4 relays work the same) but your gonna need another new one, their cheap enough so get a couple:wink

1 - 4 of 4 Posts