Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I've searched already an alot of the problems are similar .

Kick stand switch is already bypassed from previous failure.

Just replaced lower crank case .
Due to lay down

Problem is bike dies when putting it into gear from N .

Revs an runs great ...

Heard that clutch plates may be sticking .

I follwed the manual for the clutch oiled an replaced as I pulled out . basket nut is torqued to spec . I have the clutch flat spring an relief spring and plates in correctly .

Also heard it might be a tilt switch or the clutch interlock (lever switch) . only heard those when releasing the lever it dies ..
Mine just flat out dies when selector pushed

Unsure as to what it may be .
Can someone provide me with a good clutch build post ?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Can you rotate the rear wheel with the bike in gear and cause the engine to spin? If so, then you need a wiring diagram to solve your enigma.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you rotate the rear wheel with the bike in gear and cause the engine to spin? If so, then you need a wiring diagram to solve your enigma.
When in neutral the basket spins free
When in gear you can hear the basket trying to grab

When you start the bike you can start it in neutral without engaging clutch lever .
As soon as you engage the clutch an kick it into gear it shuts off as if the kickstand was doing it .... But I have it jumpered..
I dont know if my jumper failed or if there's another switch

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I'll try to remember to take a look at mine, but I don't recall seeing any electrical connectors or switches at the perch. In either case, I doubt it would kill the bike.

Anything on the MIL?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found it it was a failing interlock for the lever bypassed an all good . over looked but fixed

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I'll try to remember to take a look at mine, but I don't recall seeing any electrical connectors or switches at the perch. In either case, I doubt it would kill the bike.

Anything on the MIL?
I guess you know by now that there is an electrical connector at the clutch perch.

I don't understand your diagnosis and fix but I'm glad you got it working. Why so many bypasses?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts