Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow blade enthusiasts :)

I am new to the fourm, so i thought i would kick off my posting with a bit of a technical question.

I recently purchased a 2007 blade with 40,000ks on the clock, very well looked after full service history and single owner.

I have had it for a while now but i only just came across this issue as i am still getting used to the extra power from the blade compared to my cb750f and my VFR400r. essentially while riding in high rpm (above 8-10k) with constant throttle say 1/4-1/2 throttle when I crack the throttle full it bogs down a bit and actually accelerates slower then it was with less throttle?

I have tried it in different gears and different speeds but it seems to be consistent, it is however much more noticeable when i'm doing high speed say accelerating slowly above 100ks then when i open it up to full it will seem to bog and not accelerate any faster.

has anyone experienced this? or maybe have any insight, it would be greatly appreciated:)

Ben

·
Registered
269 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Does it have an after market computer that needs programming? You may want to put some injector cleaner in the tank with new fuel to see if that helps, check the air cleaner that it is not clogged up, fit some new spark plugs. BTW we love pics so don't forget to post some up of your new beast.:thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:welcome: to the forum. Does it have an after market computer that needs programming? You may want to put some injector cleaner in the tank with new fuel to see if that helps, check the air cleaner that it is not clogged up, fit some new spark plugs. BTW we love pics so don't forget to post some up of your new beast.:thumb:
Thank you very much for these things to check i will do all this as i will be giving it a service soon. I have been meaning to do so since i bought it.

it is pretty much stock except the levers and a case cover which i plan of replacing with a OEM cover. here is some pics dont have any on my pc so had to steal them from my IG

·
Registered
720 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 04 1000RR years ago that i owned then. It had a clogged air filter. It had KN:s that were installed by the dealer 5000km:s before when the previous owner still had it. Don't know how they got so dirty with those km:s but i washed them and re-oiled them. The problem became so bad eventually before i found out what it was that with bigger revs it bogged on 2 second gear. Try to accelerate with full throttle and see is it rev based or based on the throttle position.

You don't have any kind fuel controller?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a similar problem with my 04 1000RR years ago that i owned then. It had a clogged air filter. It had KN:s that were installed by the dealer 5000km:s before when the previous owner still had it. Don't know how they got so dirty with those km:s but i washed them and re-oiled them. The problem became so bad eventually before i found out what it was that with bigger revs it bogged on 2 second gear. Try to accelerate with full throttle and see is it rev based or based on the throttle position.

You don't have any kind fuel controller?
Nope, not that i am aware of. I think i will try that straight away this weekend as it should be the easiest to do :) thank you very much for your help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does seems to be more a combination of open throttle at high revs, I have also noted that it bogs down in the mid range revs as well when pinning it 1,2,3 from a stop.

It sounds like it could well be a filter of injector issue.

·
Registered
720 Posts
It does seems to be more a combination of open throttle at high revs, I have also noted that it bogs down in the mid range revs as well when pinning it 1,2,3 from a stop.

It sounds like it could well be a filter of injector issue.
Sounds pretty much what i had then. With the 1 gear it bogged less because i couldn't turn the throttle open, on 2 gear if i started to turn the throttle open with more revs then it bogged less. But if i started to accelerate with 2 gear from 4k it bogged before it would reach 10k. You could allso do a full throttle run with 6 gear from 4-5k and when it bogs try to turn the throttle of little by little and if it starts to accelerate when you close the throttle i would say definetly the air filters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts