Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my 07 has 13k on the clock and it has started to lose power right at 8k in every gear im at a loss i dont just want to tear it apart without any ideal so any will help. all i can think is that the fuel system is cutting out meaning the pump is going bad or possible the regulator is some how messed up so someone please help

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
ok my 07 has 13k on the clock and it has started to lose power right at 8k in every gear im at a loss i dont just want to tear it apart without any ideal so any will help. all i can think is that the fuel system is cutting out meaning the pump is going bad or possible the regulator is some how messed up so someone please help
Maybe the exhaust valve?
The charging system is a simple check with a voltmeter across the battery terminals.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wouldnt the valve cause the problem all the time. whats the likely hood of a fuel pump only crapping out at a cretin point?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
wouldnt the valve cause the problem all the time. whats the likely hood of a fuel pump only crapping out at a cretin point?
The valve opens and closes at specific points in the revs. If it's not opening or closing when it should that might cause the problem.
Unlikely to be the fuel pump I would think.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
fyi bladeracer is always right
I reckon I could find dozens of posts where I was clearly wrong :)
It'd get pretty boring if I knew everything already :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
The valve opens at 5000rpm and as far as I know, stays open. Did this problem happen all of a sudden? If not then fuelling could be an issue. Compression? Check all your plugs to make sure they are in tight and any other places you could be losing pressure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i finally removed the valve and the bike revs fine just feels like a six hundred so i guess im gonna buy a new one

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nah, don't bother. You don't need it, it's just there for noise control more than anything. If anything, you might as well put race can on it and let it breathe properly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts