Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here so please bear with me, plus I'm mechanically challenged.

I bought an '07' CBR1000 w/ a PCIII, Micron Slip on, K&N filter & I run 93/94 octane fuel. So, not a lot of mods yet.

The issue I have is when I pull away from a stop and the bike hits about 3000 RPM it has a power surge. It usually breaks the rear end loose when I turn from a stop. I've tried remapping using a stock Dynojet map which help a little but has not eliminated it.

I'm stuck and could use some guidance. If anyone has any other maps that might help I'm open to try them out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The power surge is probably the exhaust valve opening. Liter bikes are very strong. Is this your first streetrocket?? If it is you may want to consider something smaller or take it easy til you get used to the power. Alot of people make the mistake of getting a Liter bike first and its a bit much for them at first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I've had them before and I'm well aware of the power. I'd also agree it's not a bike for a first timer. I thought I remember reading a thread last year about this issue but of course could not find it again. If it was a strong smooth acceleration I'd be okay with it but no matter how easy or hard you roll on the throttle it still kicks at 3000RPM. I was hoping there was a way to smooth out lower RPM range without loosing a bunch of power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.