Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm planning to replace my clutch pack in a couple weeks. In higher gears, my clutch is slipping when I give it throttle. As it says in the title, my bike is an 07. I've had it for 4 years, and I have no idea if a previous owner replaced it before. It's got 17k miles, so I figured it's about time.

Is there a brand that anyone recommends? I've been looking at Barnett kits. They're offered with both carbon fiber and kevlar friction plates. Any noticeable difference between the two? They range from $175 to $190 on ebay for the full kit (springs, steel plates, and friction discs).

I'm looking to upgrade to stiffer springs and better than stock friction pads (like a stage 2 car clutch kit).

Any higher performance clutch recommendations?

Thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hello, I'm planning to replace my clutch pack in a couple weeks. In higher gears, my clutch is slipping when I give it throttle. As it says in the title, my bike is an 07. I've had it for 4 years, and I have no idea if a previous owner replaced it before. It's got 17k miles, so I figured it's about time.

Is there a brand that anyone recommends? I've been looking at Barnett kits. They're offered with both carbon fiber and kevlar friction plates. Any noticeable difference between the two? They range from $175 to $190 on ebay for the full kit (springs, steel plates, and friction discs).

I'm looking to upgrade to stiffer springs and better than stock friction pads (like a stage 2 car clutch kit).

Any higher performance clutch recommendations?

Thanks
I changed on my CBR954RR to EBC clutch with little harder springs on.
For my it was EBC clutch kit SRK 100 for hard street or track days.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I changed on my CBR954RR to EBC clutch with little harder springs on.
For my it was EBC clutch kit SRK 100 for hard street or track days.

I also saw EBC kits. I'm assuming the "SRC" kits are the carbon fiber style and the "SRK" kits have kevlar friction disks, right? That would make sense with the C and K designations.

The SRC kits are around $120 and the SRK kits are about $100 more, except for one listing that's new old stock. It's $125, but has been opened and retaped

EDIT: Are the SRK kits really better? If so, I don't mind spending a little extra

·
Registered
243 Posts
If they are better i don´t know since these are my first EBC clutch.
Could be that springs in SRK are a little bit harder also.
I paid around 120 dollar for mine from a swedish company here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts