Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I like the disclaimer at the bottom:

Note: Higher prices may apply for certain color schemes and premium paints.
I wonder why they did not add that the repsol scheme is the faster one.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
This just cracks me up. For the past 5 years all I have heard from most of the people on this forum is how great the black frames are. I hate the black frame on my RC and plan to polish it out over the winter. Now here comes the 07 "Repsol Nickey Hayden" model and everyone is drooling over the "natural" aluminum frame.

They all use to come that way until some frikkin designer thought they would look good painted black.

lemmings . . .

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This just cracks me up. For the past 5 years all I have heard from most of the people on this forum is how great the black frames are. I hate the black frame on my RC and plan to polish it out over the winter. Now here comes the 07 "Repsol Nickey Hayden" model and everyone is drooling over the "natural" aluminum frame.

They all use to come that way until some frikkin designer thought they would look good painted black.

lemmings . . .
I REALLY like the black frame on my bike, but grey does look very good with the Repsol scheme....

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Designers.... :rant:

;) :smilebig:
Sorry about the reference, but someone decided semi flat black paint over an etched aluminum frame looked good. If I have one complaint about my RC it would be the stupid (scratched in several places) painted black frame. Oh yeah, the black wheels would be a close second . . .

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
No worries... :D

Fwiw, I nicked my buds RC swingarm before it had 50 miles on it. The paint they used is pretty tender... :crap:

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Sorry about the reference, but someone decided semi flat black paint over an etched aluminum frame looked good. If I have one complaint about my RC it would be the stupid (scratched in several places) painted black frame. Oh yeah, the black wheels would be a close second . . .
:plus1: ...although when I saw your bike at Grattan in June it looked pretty pristine to me!

·
Registered
11,499 Posts

lemmings . . .
I've never disliked the black frame, just the black frame with a natural swingarm. Easier to coat the swingarm than strip the frame. All-natural still looks best though.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Yep. They're putting faux aluminum stickers over the black painted frame and swingarm. :smilebig:
:doh:

I'd guess so. Honda was not allowed to sell the bike with the sticker installed, they where given to you in a bag and you installed them if you wanted. I would think that it is the same deal with this one.
That's kind of silly. I was hoping that this one might have come with all the details painted on instead of stickers.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts