Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 08 blade is very new I was only able to ride it 500 miles at the very end of last yr. and just pulled it out of storage for this yr. So far I love it, but I'm noticing several threads regarding loss of oil problems, clutch recalls, and engine pinging. Is this 08 blade a lemon bike? Should I be looking at trading it for a different year, or are just a few people experiencing problems? This is the first time I've ever had a brand new bike and I'm a little dissapointed to think that maybe I bought a handful of problems, then again, maybe I'm just being paranoid. Any advice for a new member of the Honda nation?

·
Registered
221 Posts
the only recalls i know of were the clutch and the hose clamp. did you buy it from a dealer? if so you would have signed a document saying all factory services have been done... if not give them a jingle and ask. honda covers these for free

·
Registered
221 Posts
yeah... check the VIN (run a search and make sure your VIN was even included in these issues). Honda ordered the recall so it has little to do with your dealer. The dealer will correct these issues for free.

Be safe out there and enjoy your Blade

·
Registered
222 Posts
Is this 08 blade a lemon bike? Should I be looking at trading it for a different year, or are just a few people experiencing problems? This is the first time I've ever had a brand new bike and I'm a little dissapointed to think that maybe I bought a handful of problems, then again, maybe I'm just being paranoid.
Have you had problem? If not, dont worry, be happy. :)

I didn't pay the 1200 bucks for the extended dealer warranty.
You can purchas 4 years Honda warranty on Ebay for $400 USD.

·
Registered
146 Posts
First, I've read that about 3% of the 08's have an oil burning problem. You'll probably think it's much worse because a lot more owners with a problem will tend to search for answers on the Internet and maybe vent a little frustration while they're online. The happy owners who do not have a problem aren't as likely to take the time to post about it.

Also, do you know how to look on your bike and see if the two recalls have been done? Look at the VIN on the steering stem (not the sticker on the left side of the frame) for some punch marks. There should be two punch marks on the bike's VIN, one above the "J" for the hose clamp and another below the last digit for the clutch. If you have both then the recalls have been done to your bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.